Help please Asus VG248QE or Benq XL2420Z or Benq XL2411Z

manster317

Hello everyone.
I was checking around for a good 144hz monitor and found these 3 monitors but I don't know whats the differences is (except price :P)
Please help me choose and if you could explain why it would be nice of you :)

If anyone wonders what graphics card's it is: 2x r9 290x

If you are willing to shell out the money for either of the BenQ ones, than get one of those. I've heard they have "better" colors than the VG248QE

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

XL2420Z doesn't really compete with those two because it's basically same panel just bonus features and more price.

I would go for XL2411Z, just because it's new and I trust benq to make it a little better.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Wow nice graphics card @manster317

I would suggest something from BenQ or Asus 144hz monitor. The resolution is still FHD vs 1440p

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

What's the cheapest? I would go for the XL2420Z, since that was meant to replace the XL2420TE (I think) and based off of Linus's review, that is one of the best 144 Hz monitors out there color wise.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

What's the cheapest? I would go for the XL2420Z, since that was meant to replace the XL2420TE (I think) and based off of Linus's review, that is one of the best 144 Hz monitors out there color wise.

XL2411Z and XL2420Z same panel XL2420Z is just more shiny on features.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

XL2411Z and XL2420Z same panel XL2420Z is just more shiny on features.

Exactly this. Its got a little dodad for on your desk for changing profiles which is what jacks the price up. Its actually not that bad on the XL2411T to change the profiles with the normal buttons on the monitor so it really ends up being unnecessary (and who changes the profiles anyway?!). 

The Asus is a special monitor because it can take Gsync, so getting that monitor is all about gsync. But its colour quality and motion blur reduction isn't as good as the Benq XL2411T.

Now you mentioned the Z which is Benq's replacement for the previous monitors. tftcentral just (last couple of days) reviewed the 27" XL2720Z and the colour quality is about the same as the predecessors but the latency is almost zero. Its around the 3-4ms range on pixels AND processing, that makes it the best monitor for latency I know of. However the AMA is slightly over done and it causes some halo artefacts. Its not dreadful but it does make it a harder choice compared to its predecessor and compared to the Asus which both don't have that problem, but equally do have higher latency.

Given the choice today I would personally go for the Asus and get a gsync module for it. If no gsync modules were available I would get the Benq XL2411Z, the blurbusters tool is pretty cool for the lightboost capability and it would tide me over until I bought a real gsync monitor in the spring. But mainly I think waiting for gsync is what I would want to do right now if I could.