PC Not Turning On.

My PC won't start up at all, the motherboard has lights that glow on it when i turn on the power supply but when I press the power button on the case it won't turn on. I already tried plugging and unplugging the front panel cables a million times but I just don't know what the issue could be, I need help, big time.

We’ll need the specific make and model of the whole machine if it’s a prebuilt (like a Dell or a HP or something) or the individual parts if it’s a whitebox (home built) the lights that glow may or may not be debug code lights which is one reason why the specifics are important. If it’s a whitebox the make and model of the motherboard is particularly critical but really everything is potentially useful.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

We’ll need the specific make and model of the whole machine if it’s a prebuilt (like a Dell or a HP or something) or the individual parts if it’s a whitebox (home built) the lights that glow may or may not be debug code lights which is one reason why the specifics are important. If it’s a whitebox the make and model of the motherboard is particularly critical but really everything is potentially useful.

My Specs are

Asus Z390-P

i5-9400f

XPG Z1 DDR4 8x2 16GB

Kingston a400 250GB SSD

Apevia Prestige 800w 80 plus gold

Radeon RX 5700 XT

and the case is MASTERBOX MB511 ARGB

That allowed me to get the motherboard manual.  
One thing I’m noticing is that everything over 2666 is considered O.C memory.  Might be an issue later.

im not finding any references to debug LEDs but I am finding a reference to a “system warning speaker” which would be a beep code speaker. Reference is on pp1-20 of the manual.  It’s different than the rear connection speakers and is a 4 pin speaker that plugs into some pins in one corner of the motherboard near the front panel stuff.  

Did you build this machine or did someone else do it for you?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That allowed me to get the motherboard manual.  
One thing I’m noticing is that everything over 2666 is considered O.C memory.  Might be an issue later.

im not finding any references to debug LEDs but I am finding a reference to a “system warning speaker” which would be a beep code speaker. Reference is on pp1-20 of the manual.  It’s different than the rear connection speakers and is a 4 pin speaker that plugs into some pins in one corner of the motherboard near the front panel stuff.  

Did you build this machine or did someone else do it for you?

I built it myself

13 minutes ago, 7eewilsmi said:

I built it myself

Do you have a 4 pin speaker to get the debug codes? One might be needed for this board.  My memory is theyre pretty cheap.  One might have even come with the motherboard.

13 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you have a 4 pin speaker to get the debug codes? One might be needed for this board.  My memory is theyre pretty cheap.  One might have even come with the motherboard.

No, I did a little more troubleshooting and I concluded that the motherboard may have been shocked so I sent it in for a return, thanks!