I have an rx580 4gig that I snagged for 20 dollars, and now I’m receiving an offer for an rx 480 4 gig for 50 smackers.....should I buy?

It’s the really cool looking Radeon one heatsynk and everything... if nothing else it would be nice just to look at, and it feels kinda sick to be able to flex on people by using a sub $200 gpu as a mantelpiece XD

10 minutes ago, Noah-n_Cares said:

It’s the really cool looking Radeon one heatsynk and everything... if nothing else it would be nice just to look at, and it feels kinda sick to be able to flex on people by using a sub $200 gpu as a mantelpiece XD

If it works sell it and flip it or give it to someone. No need to buy perfectly functional and most importantly usable and still current hardware just to put it on show.

i believe with a bios flash, some rx480 cards can be flashed into rx580 cards, as they are bassicaly the same.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

So wait... Would you even use it or just use it as a paperweight? (mantle piece)

You got a 580 for $20 and now you're going to pay $50 for a downgrade, that you won't even use???? I don't understand you. Just don't do that? There's no "flex" here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

46 minutes ago, Noah-n_Cares said:

it feels kinda sick to be able to flex on people by using a sub $200 gpu as a mantelpiece XD

i have a few lying around, 1 that is worth over 200$....definitely not a way i would flex, if i had interest in doing so... maybe get a lambo or porsche if you feel the need to "flex" lol. 20$ for a 580 is a great find though.

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv