Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 ohm vs 80 ohm?

RogerRoger
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,

32 ohm generally easy to power of a phone or portable devices 80 ohm harder to drive but a mobo or interface should be enough. The sound differences between the 2 are more nuances but should sound similar overall. The 32 ohm in terms of signature is a little more neutral and slightly less sharp in the treble region m the 80 ohm is sharper and bassier so abut more v shaped the bass on the 32 ohm is looser slightly less controlled when being pushed the treble in the 82 ican be bothersome to some. 

Hello!

i care alot about good audio and am planning to buy the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro to be my main set of headphones.

My Use: Listening to Music, Playing Games, Video Editing

Platforms: PC, PS4, Mobile

but i don't understand Ohms, i was originally going to get the 250 but understood they aren't good for my use especially since i dont own an amp

what should i buy? and what is the difference between them?

32 ohm generally easy to power of a phone or portable devices 80 ohm harder to drive but a mobo or interface should be enough. The sound differences between the 2 are more nuances but should sound similar overall. The 32 ohm in terms of signature is a little more neutral and slightly less sharp in the treble region m the 80 ohm is sharper and bassier so abut more v shaped the bass on the 32 ohm is looser slightly less controlled when being pushed the treble in the 82 ican be bothersome to some. 

The 80 Ohm sounds a bit better and you can always fix the treble peak with EQ