Asus Aura Sync and Aura Creator Not Working

Cyan_24

Hi, I have been recently experiencing issues with my device's (Asus ROG Strix G531GT) Aura Sync features. When I enter Armoury Crate, and go to the Aura Sync Tab, it says that there is a service error, and some aura features will not work. Same happens with Aura Creator. I can still change basic like effects like color cycle or static when I go to the system settings tab and go to lighting, but that is all. I cannot access all the other effects like starry night, music adaptive, etc. I have tried Reinstalling the Aura service, but every time I try to do the set up, I get the blue screen of death. if anyone knows how I can fix this, it would be appreciated

4 minutes ago, Cyan_24 said:

Hi, I have been recently experiencing issues with my device's (Asus ROG Strix G531GT) Aura Sync features. When I enter Armoury Crate, and go to the Aura Sync Tab, it says that there is a service error, and some aura features will not work. Same happens with Aura Creator. I can still change basic like effects like color cycle or static when I go to the system settings tab and go to lighting, but that is all. I cannot access all the other effects like starry night, music adaptive, etc. I have tried Reinstalling the Aura service, but every time I try to do the set up, I get the blue screen of death. if anyone knows how I can fix this, it would be appreciated

Do you have BOTH Armory Crate AND AURA installed separately?

From what I know, if you have both installed at the same time, they will conflict with each other.

Only have one or the other installed in your computer at a time.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

I should have clarified this earlier, but right now the Aura service itself is uninstalled, and cannot be reinstalled without my PC crashing. The Aura tab in the Armoury crate still displays the service error.

Edit: So after crashing one more time when trying to install the service from the official Asus website, an app for aura sync appeared on my desktop. The app does not open and just says that "AuraService Does not exist!" in a pop up. When I try to uninstall it, an Unspecified error appears.

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2020 at 4:23 PM, Cyan_24 said:

I should have clarified this earlier, but right now the Aura service itself is uninstalled, and cannot be reinstalled without my PC crashing. The Aura tab in the Armoury crate still displays the service error.

Edit: So after crashing one more time when trying to install the service from the official Asus website, an app for aura sync appeared on my desktop. The app does not open and just says that "AuraService Does not exist!" in a pop up. When I try to uninstall it, an Unspecified error appears.

MAKE A RESTORE POINT BEFORE YOUR START JUST IN CASE!

1.  Okay, I had this same issue. If you have the disk for your motherboard put that in and install Aura software again (unless you never got rid of it, And its the actual software not the service), and Revo Uninstaller. Then go to the web and download CCleaner.
  2.   Restart PC, go into BIOS go to one of the last tabs in the menu not in EZ mode but advanced. (yours might be different, I have z390-E gaming), and find where it says something about Armoury Crate installing automatically. I turned this off, saved changes and exit. I am not sure how big of a difference this makes but this is what I did.
  3.   Now, the fun begins. I followed the first link and it did not fully work, but I had already uninstalled the original Aura software. So this may work or maybe not? I did this after already uninstalling and it still was not working with Armoury crate so I reinstalled Aura and used Revo Uninstaller (to uninstall only Aura software!) and followed the Instructions from the Asus website starting from 1-3-1 using just Microsoft's settings uninstaller. Then I ran CCleaner, backing up the reg. before I cleaned.
  4.   Now after following Asus instructions on uninstalling, and doing all the other stuff, I restarted, went back to BIOS and changed the setting to auto download Armoury Crate. Which I guess when you first boot it is supposed to pop up and start the process and ask but mine never did, if it did great! If not then go to the last link and click windows 10, then click the down arrow to make sure you are getting the DOWNLOAD not the uninstall file. 
  5.   Finally, click the installer and run it and after its done try it. I can not remember if i rebooted or not. My Motherboard is the only thing I have an RGB on right now and it is FINALLY working. My Logitech mouse and powerplay lights wouldn't work, but the logi software needed to have an update, so it wasn't an issue. 

Note: After I got mine working, I opened the Aura creator app that it came with and now Armoury Crate app crashes when I click on the "AURA Sync → "AURA effects" tab. I have uninstalled the Creator app and am going to reboot but had started to type this so I haven't done that yet. I have read on a few places if it doesn't work to revert back to an older version of Crate, or to uninstall and reinstall, which is not to bad. The worst part is getting rid of all the little tid-bits of the old Aura Software because that is the original problem. I will follow up with an update if I fix my current issue. 

Also I should note, I am not super advanced with software issues. So I can only help with so much, I am more of a hardware person. 

3 hours ago, Darthscion said:

References: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/ee465m/psa_found_a_fix_for_armoury_crate_not_displaying/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/hzq3ea/support_asus_aura_sync_fix_10779_for_aura_service/

*Instructions From Asus* (*start from 1-3-1*) https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654#1-3.%20Upgrading%20Armoury%20Crate

*Armoury Crate Download* https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download

MAKE A RESTORE POINT BEFORE YOUR START JUST IN CASE!

1.Okay, I had this same issue. If you have the disk for your motherboard put that in and install Aura software again (unless you never got rid of it, And its the actual software not the service), and Revo Uninstaller.

2.Then go to the web and download CCleaner. Restart PC go into BIOS go to one of the last tabs (yours might be different, I have z390-E gaming), and find where it says something about Armoury Crate installing. I turned this off, saved changes and exit.

3.Now, the fun begins. I followed the first link and it did not fully work, but I had already uninstalled the original Aura software. So this may work or maybe not? I did this after already uninstalling and it still was not working with Armoury crate so I reinstalled Aura and used Revo Uninstaller (to uninstall only Aura software!) and followed the Instructions from the Asus website starting from 1-3-1 using just Microsoft's settings uninstaller. Then I ran CCleaner, backing up the reg. before I cleaned.

4.Now after following Asus instructions on uninstalling, and doing all the other stuff, I restarted, went back to BIOS and changed the setting to auto download Armoury Crate. Which I guess when you first boot it is supposed to pop up and start the process and ask but mine never did, if it did great! If not then go to the last link and click windows 10, then click the down arrow to make sure you are getting the DOWNLOAD not the uninstall file. 

5.Finally, click the installer and run it and after its done try it. I can not remember if i rebooted or not. My Motherboard is the only thing I have an RGB on right now and it is FINALLY working. My Logitech mouse and powerplay lights wouldn't work, but the logi software needed to have an update, so it wasn't an issue. 

Note: After I got mine working, I opened the Aura creator app that it came with and now Armoury Crate app crashes when I click on the "AURA Sync → "AURA effects" tab. I have uninstalled the Creator app and am going to reboot but had started to type this so I haven't done that yet. I have read on a few places if it doesn't work to revert back to an older version of Crate, or to uninstall and reinstall, which is not to bad. The worst part is getting rid of all the little tid bits of the old Aura Software because that is the original problem. I will follow up with an update if I fix my current issue. 

Also I should note, I am not super advanced with software issues. So I can only help with so much, I am more of a hardware person. 

Okay, Well I rebooted and it was still crashing. So I followed ASUS steps for uninstalling again and ran CCleaner. I think I rebooted it, then installed it from the web and there is an option to install without the Creator app and I picked that. It worked great. I picked a color and it was no issue. Then I rebooted my PC and opened the Armoury Crate and clicked the one tab, aaannnnnd.... CRASH! So for some odd reason it does not really like it when you reboot, so I am glad I picked colors that I can live with for a bit. Before I fixed it, it was flashing so one solid color is amazing. I will just pick my battles for now and just wait for ASUS to fix this POS.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, Cyan_24 said:

This also happens with asus tuf gaming a15

Just now, JoeyE2 said:

This also happens with asus tuf gaming a15

Exept without the crashes

• 8 months later...

Guys I'd suggest of you buy asus laptop i mean those which support per key rgb thing or a-RGB simply register your device and then clean install windows when you get it and install all the required necessary softwares from the asus site which you can easily find once you open asus site go to my account then my products section. After that when you install Armoury crate and aura creator they won't show any issue and detect all devices. If anything goes bad at some point you just have to uninstall armoury crate and aura service along with lightning service add-on in apps and features in windows. And install the armoury crate and aura creator from the setup you can install them both together. It'll download and install everything necessary it'll all get fixed.

Why i say clean install windows is because it fixes every issue because sometimes you might uninstall everything and reinstall aura creator just dont detect devices. This pretty much fixed my issue when i got zephyrus S. I hope it fixes yours too.