Premiere Pro no longer utilizing intel iGPU

Posted · Original PosterOP

im running the latest build of Windows 10

Adobe CC and all apps are up to date

bios is up to date 

iGPU drivers up to date

iGPU still enabled in Bios

Nvidia Drivers up to date.

My render times have increased significantly and its really bogging me down.

Before i would be able to use 20-40% CPU and 50-60% iGPU and 30-40% GTX 1080 and i could render out projects within 15 minutes

and now for the same projects its no longer using my iGPU but maxing out CPU and my render times have increased to 25 minutes. 

this is significant because i have to render out MULTIPLE difference versions of my project for the client 

Any thoughts?

edit: 

i7-8700 with intel UHD 630

msi b360i gaming itx

16gb ram

GTX 1080

ssd everything

Photography / Finance / Gaming

what's the system spec?

Things I need help with: *new* What can Facebook do to me? Privacy Inquiries

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

5 minutes ago, m0k said:

im running the latest build of Windows 10

Adobe CC and all apps are up to date

bios is up to date 

iGPU drivers up to date

iGPU still enabled in Bios

Nvidia Drivers up to date.

My render times have increased significantly and its really bogging me down.

Before i would be able to use 20-40% CPU and 50-60% iGPU and 30-40% GTX 1080 and i could render out projects within 15 minutes

and now for the same projects its no longer using my iGPU but maxing out CPU and my render times have increased to 25 minutes. 

this is significant because i have to render out MULTIPLE difference versions of my project for the client 

Any thoughts?

Which iGPU do you have as Adobe will drop support for specific GPUs with regards to hardware acceleration without notice frankly. If it's not on this list: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html, it's not going to do much. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e

55 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

what's the system spec?

54 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Which iGPU do you have as Adobe will drop support for specific GPUs with regards to hardware acceleration without notice frankly. If it's not on this list: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html, it's not going to do much. 

edit: 

i7-8700 with intel UHD 630

msi b360i gaming itx

16gb ram

GTX 1080

ssd everything

I do have the same problem. It happen in Pr 2020, it seems like when I use Cuda option (not openCL), then Pr does not use the igpu any more. And when I playback the timeline, It is alot lagger than when I used 2019 version of Pr. I think it is the problem of Premiere 2020.

(i7-8700 with intel UHD 630

Z370 mobo with 32Gb of ram

GTX 1060 6gb

ssd everything)

On 10/2/2020 at 1:30 PM, doublett18 said:

I do have the same problem. It happen in Pr 2020, it seems like when I use Cuda option (not openCL), then Pr does not use the igpu any more. And when I playback the timeline, It is alot lagger than when I used 2019 version of Pr. I think it is the problem of Premiere 2020.

(i7-8700 with intel UHD 630

Z370 mobo with 32Gb of ram

GTX 1060 6gb

ssd everything)

i posted this issue on the adobe forums and i only got this one response 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-no-longer-supports-intel-uhd-630/m-p/11488219?page=1#M302753

so im going to see if rolling back my igpu driver helps
and/or see if going back to premiere pro v14.1 helps