Coil whine is driving me absolutely nuts.

Zeke_

So I have a 4gb ROG Strix RX 570 that just started having some audible coil wine to the point where unless I'm actively listening to something or wearing headphones it kind of drives me nuts. I just got a new CPU, so in cases where I used to have the graphics card bottlenecked it isn't anymore which is awesome because I finally have good performance! But since I could almost never get it to higher resource usage before I don't think I realized this would be something that would come along let alone bother me so much. Is there any way to mitigate this or am I gonna have to just deal. If I have to just deal its okay but I'm not loving the increased noise. 

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

9 minutes ago, Zeke_ said:

So I have a 4gb ROG Strix RX 570 that just started having some audible coil wine to the point where unless I'm actively listening to something or wearing headphones it kind of drives me nuts. I just got a new CPU, so in cases where I used to have the graphics card bottlenecked it isn't anymore which is awesome because I finally have good performance! But since I could almost never get it to higher resource usage before I don't think I realized this would be something that would come along let alone bother me so much. Is there any way to mitigate this or am I gonna have to just deal. If I have to just deal its okay but I'm not loving the increased noise. 

You're just going to have to deal with it.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Coil whine is natural due to the fact that inductors vibrate at a frequency we can hear...so as @RAS_3885said, you will have to deal with it. The only other option would be to RMA your RX 570 if ASUS accepts coil whine under their RMA policies. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

If you don't want to RMA, another option would be to over/underclock your GPU Core Clock and GPU Memory Clock to see if you can find a frequency that doesn't cause coil whine.

I had an old laptop that would whine really bad when the cpu ran at lower speeds when not under load or on battery. It got so bad that I turned off that feature in the BIOS. I got worse battery life, but hey, no coil whine!

I haven't heard of any cure for it either.

I have a desktop that I like to play old games on and it drives me crazy with the whine too.  😬

I'll be playing multiplayer and have to turn the volume on my speakers up high just so I can hear the car engine in the game.

The freaking whine is so bad that even then I still hear it mixed in with the rest of the game sounds.