My first PC

GamerREVS

Budget (including currency): $1300 Australian Dollars

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow 6 Siege, GTAV, Star Wars The Old Republic, Destiny 2. Light video recording/editing.

Other details: Hello I have zero build or component knowledge and I am looking to build a decent 1080p/1440p 60fps gaming rig with a budget of $1300AUD, I am aiming to buy with in the next couple of days. I need a keyboard and mouse but I'll just be getting a cheapo set. Here is a build someone threw together for me (Blurg 2). Any optimization while keeping at $1300 or less would be fantastic. Thank you for any help.

can you wait for new parts to come or are u in a hurry?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Well I have the money now so preferably I would like to get and build it as soon as possible. I have 0 interest in 4k or anything if you were gonna recommend waiting for the 3080. 

not 3080. 3070 or 3060

Just now, GamerREVS said:

Well I have the money now so preferably I would like to get and build it as soon as possible. I have 0 interest in 4k or anything if you were gonna recommend waiting for the 3080. 

but if you want ok i will make a list for you

Just now, mahyar said:

but if you want ok i will make a list for you

That'd be great thanks

2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

It is $1366.80 AUD which is fine as it's only a little over 

would you be ok with a 1660 ti?

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

would you be ok with a 1660 ti?

I wouldn't know I don't know what is good and what isn't.

I wouldn't know I don't know what is good and what isn't.

its weaker than 5600xt but if your ok with this build no need to change

its weaker than 5600xt but if your ok with this build no need to change

I'll be fine with how it is. Thank you for helping with this

4 minutes ago, GamerREVS said:

I'll be fine with how it is. Thank you for helping with this

btw i just saw the build you linked in your first post a few notes: my build has a much better mobo and cpu but less storage and weaker gpu but if you want i can balance  

Just now, mahyar said:

btw i just saw the build you linked in your first post a few notes: my build has a much better mobo and cpu but less storage and weaker gpu but if you want i can balance  

Sure can't help to look at other options.

this one has a quad core (instead of six ore)  cpu and a better gpu an slightly better mobo bu i suggest you to go with last one

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/TYr4FG

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($249.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($117.90 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($123.89 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($650.11 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($282.99 @ Amazon Australia) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply 
Total: $1423.89

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 02:02 AEST+1000

Well, I tried the best. But as I see @mahyar's spec is good either. Somehow I think you wouldn't even need to use aftermarket cooler, as AMD stock cooler is (really, even managed to do little OC on my brother's 1500X) good enough for daily use anyway.

You can change the B450 to a B550 for future upgrade to Zen 3 somehow, but I don't think you would even need the upgrade for the case of your usage.

Edit: just saw @mahyar's newest spec with 3100. Well, yes you can use a 4 core instead of 6 core. It's kinda overkill for gaming, anyway. 

Edited by dhannemon13

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

2 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Well, I tried the best. But as I see @mahyar's spec is good either. Somehow I think you wouldn't even need to use aftermarket cooler, as AMD stock cooler is (really, even managed to do little OC on my brother's 1500X) good enough for daily use anyway.

You can change the B450 to a B550 for future upgrade to Zen 3 somehow, but I don't think you would even need the upgrade for the case of your usage.

Would you recommend leaving out the 3rd party cooler?

Just now, dhannemon13 said:

yes builds are not different i used an aftermarket cooler because of overclock and rumors about 3600 thermal performance

if you dont want to yes remove it

Yep, as I told you before, AMD stock cooler now is good actually. Techquickie video here. Managed to get few hundred MHz from the stock clock.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

if you dont want to yes remove it

What about the PSU as it says it is unavailable so do I just replace it with one that has similar wattage or? 

1 minute ago, GamerREVS said:

What about the PSU as it says it is unavailable so do I just replace it with one that has similar wattage or? 

pay a visit here and pick one that suits you

6 minutes ago, mahyar said:

yes builds are not different i used an aftermarket cooler because of overclock and rumors about 3600 thermal performance

In his case I don't think he would even need overclock tho. R6S and GTA 5 aren't that heavy anyway. Plus I don't think he would be bothered with few minutes of render speed + timeline scrubbing perfomance lol

3 minutes ago, GamerREVS said:

Well, yes. And check the PSU tier list either, don't get cheap on the PSU. For real.

Personal experience. Dead PSU of all of sudden (and we're actually lucky it doesn't hurt another components) sucks.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

1 minute ago, dhannemon13 said:

In his case I don't think he would even need overclock tho. R6S and GTA 5 aren't that heavy anyway. Plus I don't think he would be bothered with few minutes of render speed + timeline scrubbing perfomance lol

well yeah

this is much better than the other rigs listed:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.00 @ PC Byte) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  ($84.70 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: Kingston KC600 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Video Card: GALAX GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB (1-Click OC) V2 Video Card  ($489.00 @ PC Byte) 
Case: Antec VSK10 Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.00 @ BudgetPC) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($85.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Keyboard: Kensington K72357US Wired Slim Keyboard  ($16.70 @ Device Deal) 
Mouse: Kensington Pro Fit Full-Size Mouse Wired Optical Mouse  ($22.00 @ I-Tech) 
Total: $1301.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 02:20 AEST+1000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W