My first PC

GamerREVS
3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

this is much better than the other rigs listed:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.00 @ PC Byte) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  ($84.70 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: Kingston KC600 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Video Card: GALAX GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB (1-Click OC) V2 Video Card  ($489.00 @ PC Byte) 
Case: Antec VSK10 Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.00 @ BudgetPC) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($85.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Keyboard: Kensington K72357US Wired Slim Keyboard  ($16.70 @ Device Deal) 
Mouse: Mionix AVIOR 7000 Wired Optical Mouse  ($23.10 @ Newegg Australia) 
Total: $1302.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 02:18 AEST+1000

I'd agree with this one, tbh.

But the sake of preventing any kind of regret AFTER getting the build, I rather to wait the 3000 series somehow lol

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

3 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

I'd agree with this one, tbh.

But the sake of preventing any kind of regret AFTER getting the build, I rather to wait the 3000 series somehow lol

This has the same problem as the build I posted where the motherboard may need an update and I have no idea how to do that

4 minutes ago, GamerREVS said:

This has the same problem as the build I posted where the motherboard may need an update and I have no idea how to do that

Well, usually PC shops can offer services for updating the BIOS anyway.

Or, you can check here.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

13 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Well, usually PC shops can offer services for updating the BIOS anyway.

Or, you can check here.

Would a 550w psu be okay? The PSU

35 minutes ago, GamerREVS said:

given it's been about a year since zen 2 was released and the COVID-19 shortage a few months back, it's very unlikely you'll end up getting old stock that doesn't have the BIOS updated already.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Adding up all the parts it costs more than what the list says with parts being shipped from the US

10 minutes ago, GamerREVS said:

Adding up all the parts it costs more than what the list says with parts being shipped from the US

Press the quote button on the post when posting, we don't know who you're referring to without it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

Press the quote button on the post when posting, we don't know who you're referring to without it.

Was just to anyone really. It's early in the morning for me so I'll return to this a bit later and have another look around. 

12 hours ago, GamerREVS said:

Get it from the local store, then, if possible. You don't need to ship it from ashore. Somehow, usually the specs you actually plan wouldn't be the same as you buy, simply because the store doesn't stock the same exact component.

Just show the specs you want to the clerk as a reference. Substituting is usually fine anyway as long as it's not so far from the reference. And don't get the components from only one store if possible if something's important enough (especially CPU and GPU) is not in stock on one place. You can always find others.

And lastly, few dollars of difference between the reference prices and the local prices are usually normal. It's better than the shipping cost anyway.

Just remember if you gonna buy a kind-of moderate-spec PC (and tbh I'd call it expensive enough) that can last you for years. Just don't be hasty on your decision.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio