Is my computer dying or being a lil...

Daash

Hi there, so lately i been editing some footages on premiere and i'm occasionally getting lag when i scrub through the timeline and playback, sometimes the playback goes on and on despite me hitting the spacebar. This hasn't happened before i am an avid editor and i've edited even 4k footages and i don't blame my pc or let alone premiere pro being the problem cause i think right after i updated windows or some update it begin happening. 

HOWEVER, 

i did perform some tests and this are the results.. As you can see my ssd is at 81% and HDD is like spanking new so would it be safe to point it on the ssd? 1143410548_Screenshot(50).thumb.png.61ac8b32c011f0e1cbb60e16de63b21d.png

AND THEN,

I did some benchmark tests and well i can't come to a conclusion.. 

Also fun fact i'm runnin on pretty old specs from 2014-2015 if ya can't notice

1574138861_Screenshot(51).thumb.png.4a5cc704cff15df0f513f33bd6297959.png753293056_Screenshot(52).thumb.png.e0bd2cedab92d8e83da2a92820f792ea.png

My point what's probably causing the lag when im editing? I mean i can browse, spam click, play games fine but only editing is the problem... And should i really upgrade i mean are my parts really wearing and tearing already? What do you guys think as experienced pc builders.. appreciate the feedback :/

Are you on a new version of Premiere (like legit CC version)? I recently opened Premiere to edit something and for some reason the timeline and preview were lagging like crazy, even though a few updates ago it was perfectly fine. I have a 3900x, 32GB ram, and 2080 ti. Was it doing this before maybe a month ago?

It might've been a Windows update for me as well possibly, but I have definitely developed a similar problem to yours recently

9 minutes ago, VLONE said:

Are you on a new version of Premiere (like legit CC version)? I recently opened Premiere to edit something and for some reason the timeline and preview were lagging like crazy, even though a few updates ago it was perfectly fine. I have a 3900x, 32GB ram, and 2080 ti. Was it doing this before maybe a month ago?

It might've been a Windows update for me as well possibly, but I have definitely developed a similar problem to yours recently

first question : yeah. 2nd question : A month ago i wasn't heavily editing like daily but it could perform simple tasks like cut, trim , replace in after effects preview clip and stop. but now it's less of that. I don't know how updating windows can kill it this bad lol.. 

my latest version of windows is still 1909 , 18363 cause i've disabled something auto updates for only security stuff.. So if im not all mistaken i'm not necessarily on the latest 2009 builds or whatever it is. 

1 minute ago, Daash said:

first question : yeah. 2nd question : A month ago i wasn't heavily editing like daily but it could perform simple tasks like cut, trim , replace in after effects preview clip and stop. but now it's less of that. I don't know how updating windows can kill it this bad lol.. 

my latest version of windows is still 1909 , 18363 cause i've disabled something auto updates for only security stuff.. So if im not all mistaken i'm not necessarily on the latest 2009 builds or whatever it is. 

It might be a Premiere update in that case, as I'm on a much newer version of Windows (v2004 build 19041.388) and getting a similar problem. I didn't do much looking but I searched vaguely for the problem to see if others were having it recently and didn't see anything

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

my bad forgot we had a troubleshooting section.. 

Also on a side note my ssd's health is dropped lol like look at what it is at today. honestly could this be the problem to my premiere pro's lag 

1513224551_Screenshot(53).thumb.png.f1f36268ffffab02311534680ccdbb48.png