RTX 3090 is only % better than RTX 3080 in a 14 game average at Ultra settings

Jrasero

Everyone seems ok with the RTX 3090 being underwhelming by justifying it just as another "Titan" Prosumer card, however if we look back on how the RTX 3090 was marketed more as a gaming GPU I think the mediocre gains compared to the RTX 3080 is even more glaring

* First the RTX 3090 was released at the GeForce event normally centered around "gaming" cards while normally Titan cards were released separately

* Jensen never claimed that the RTX 3090 was a Titan replacement but rather that the demand for a Prosumer Titan card had been more than expected so they built a RTX 3090

* The card while expensive at $1500 is only* $300 more than a previous gen RTX 2080 Ti and $1000 less than a Titan RTX 

* The design language and styling is identical to the RTX 3080 but only larger

* Pairing the RTX 3080 with 10GB of memory and the RTX 3090 with 24GB was no mistake.  It's clear that most people have the false notion that more memory equals better performance, thus giving the RTX 3080 1GB less than the previous gen RTX 2080 Ti has created this crazy narrative if 10GB of memory is enough.  Most consumers at this point would assume that the RTX 3090 was just another tier of RTX 3000 not a special Prosumer card

* The card was marketed as a 8K gaming card from the streamers they brought in play on a 8K LG TV or the Youtubers they paid to do prelaunch 8K gaming content 

* Nothing was mentioned during the launch about the RTX 3090 being a Prosumer card and how it faired for rendering or any other non gaming tasks 

Now the crazy thing is, it wasn't until a day before launch until Nvidia kind of walked all this back and put out a release saying how the RTX 3090 was more of a prosumer work card that could game and how you would only see 10%-15% increase over the RTX 3080 in gaming.  

In the end I think there still is room for a true Titan and I think Nvidia not only messed up the supply on the RTX 3080 and 3090 launch but on how they marketed the 3090

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42"