Modding/unlocking HP BIOS

Go to solution Solved by Mattattack94,

I finally figured out a solution to this and thought I would share on here incase anyone has the same problem. 

If you can't mod your bios or just don't want to and you have an amd cpu, then you can use ryzen master to change your memory speed. Just check what your motherboard is capable of or your computer may not boot to the bios and will need the cmos to be reset. I accidentally put it at the memory max of 3600mhz when my board only supports 3200mhz max. After that I just dialed in the correct timings and left everything else on auto and then I tested it and saved the profile.

I am trying to mod/unlock the bios on my hp prebuilt.

I just purchased a ram upgrade, but because there is no xmp option in the bios I am unable to change the memory speed to what it should be.

Does anyone know how to unlock the bios so that I can have xmp?

53 minutes ago, Mattattack94 said:

I am trying to mod/unlock the bios on my hp prebuilt.

I just purchased a ram upgrade, but because there is no xmp option in the bios I am unable to change the memory speed to what it should be.

Does anyone know how to unlock the bios so that I can have xmp?

From what I learned from @ShrimpBrime is, the fourm has no OEM bioses on their data bases.  What prebuilt is it?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

From what I learned from @ShrimpBrime is, the fourm has no OEM bioses on their data bases.  What prebuilt is it?

HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0170m CTO

Product number 7BB49AV

Serial number 2MD0233H4G

Motherboard: 8643 SMVB

BIOS: AMI f.23

I finally figured out a solution to this and thought I would share on here incase anyone has the same problem. 

If you can't mod your bios or just don't want to and you have an amd cpu, then you can use ryzen master to change your memory speed. Just check what your motherboard is capable of or your computer may not boot to the bios and will need the cmos to be reset. I accidentally put it at the memory max of 3600mhz when my board only supports 3200mhz max. After that I just dialed in the correct timings and left everything else on auto and then I tested it and saved the profile.

• 4 months later...

On 9/25/2020 at 5:08 AM, Mattattack94 said:

hola, tengo un hp m01 y he montado unas corsair vegeance, y tengo el mismo problema, que parámetros modifico en ryzen master y que dejo en automático.

gracias.