New Headset

Coopermar
6 minutes ago, Coopermar said:

Will do. I think I'm going to go with the 990s. Will my motherboard be able to drive the 250ohm version(they're $20usd cheaper than 80ohm)? If not, can I plug them into my astro mixamp pro gen 1 and that can drive it?

You'll need something else. Neither will hold enough power for those. If you wanted to buy a new DAC /or Amp- an E10K, or JDS Atom & keep using the mixamp 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Coopermar said:

My motherboard is a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

No it won't be able I highly employee you to spend a bit more cash Ona tygr it's a retuned 32 ohm dt990  and sounds much better than an original 32 ohm 990 if you were to get this 

10 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You'll need something else. Neither will hold enough power for those. If you wanted to buy a new DAC /or Amp- an E10K, or JDS Atom & keep using the mixamp 

I mean I'm by no-means an audiophile. I just need a new "gaming" headset that's more of an all-around headset. The DT 990s/770s seem perfect and, from what I can tell, are among the best at the price point. I think I'm going to get the 80ohm version of the 990s. Is there ANY benefit of plugging it into the mixamp over the back of my motherboard? If not, I'll just put the mixamp in storage. 

8 minutes ago, rice guru said:

No it won't be able I highly employee you to spend a bit more cash Ona tygr it's a retuned 32 ohm dt990  and sounds much better than an original 32 ohm 990 if you were to get this 

I can't find these anywhere besides Beyerdynamic's website. Can you find any in stock? Also, I've read that 32 ohm isn't as good as 80hm, though I'm not sure how much of a difference there actually is.

Just now, Coopermar said:

I mean I'm by no-means an audiophile. I just need a new "gaming" headset that's more of an all-around headset. The DT 990s/770s seem perfect and, from what I can tell, are among the best at the price point. I think I'm going to get the 80ohm version of the 990s. Is there ANY benefit of plugging it into the mixamp over the back of my motherboard? If not, I'll just put the mixamp in storage. 

I can't find these anywhere besides Beyerdynamic's website. Can you find any in stock? Also, I've read that 32 ohm isn't as good as 80hm, though I'm not sure how much of a difference there actually is.

15 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Also, the "gaming" label kind of scares me. 😂

3 hours ago, Coopermar said:

The 80 ohm isn't as good as the 600 or 250 ohm the tygrs are basically 990s 32 ohm but was reworked to be its own headphone by adding extra tuning pads so it's not as painful to listen to as well as tuning the bass frequencies donlwna slight bit so it's bit more balanced and swapping the chassis so slightly wider sounding allowing for a wider sounding experience while maintaining the imaging prowess the I and many others know and love by beyerdynamic. The only place you can get them standalone right now is from beyerdynamic directly I don't exactly know why but I attribute it to increased demand due to increased popularity I wouldn't know about personally without DMS reviewing it and one of my friends buying it for himself and trying it myself. 

3 hours ago, Coopermar said:

Also, the "gaming" label kind of scares me. 😂

Gaming label you generally want to be scared of with the exception of mice and possibly mouse pads. But when an audiophile company like Sennheiser or beyerdynamic make a gaming headphone you are generally in good hands a great example of this is the Sennheiser pc37x and of course the tygr