No video output, out of ideas

Sytem Specs:

AMD Rizen 7 3700x

G Skill Z Royal 32gb (16x2)

Asus 2060 super OC

Asus Prime X-570-P

Samsung 1T SSD

We initially tested cables and monitors and had no results, so we looked at the graphics card. Swapped it out with the exact same card from another machine and that didn't work either. So we thought the motherboard was bad. Replaced the Prime with a Tuff Gaming x-570, carefully inspected the CPU pins before installation, still no results. The LED on the motherboard indicates a DRAM issue. We swapped out the RAM with an identical pair from a working system, still no go. We even tested the on-board video outputs and got nothing. The only other thing I haven't checked is the SSD, but the system should still be able to boot to the motherboard bios even if the SSD is dead right? I feel terrible cus my kids busted his butt working to pay for this on his own and he's only been able to use it for a few months. I appreciate any help anyone can give. We're at a loss here.

When we swapped out the RAM we tried single cards only in each slot and still got nothing. We haven't however, tried clearing CMOS. But to have the same issue on two different motherboards? Would a single bad stick of RAM mess up the CMOS? 

So I unplugged the system, bridged the contacts, used a single stick in slot #2, and got nothing. Rotated single sticks between all slots, powering down/up in between, nothing.
*defeated sigh*

34 minutes ago, Hadokenchild said:

Would a single bad stick of RAM mess up the CMOS?

Not normally, no. Do a proper CMOS reset (remove battery!), insert one of the known working RAM sticks in the designated slot and see if you can get into the BIOS. Make sure you mount the CPU correctly, so check and double-check orientation and don't screw the mounting plate all the way in for each screw, but as designed: in small increments. Linus has shown how to do that in multiple videos. Alternatively, swap CPUs if you can. Step-by-step, only swap out one variable for each step.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

OK, so I pulled the battery, and cleared CMOS. Then I reinstalled the battery, reseated the CPU (pins were fine). Then I tested the RAM in a working system first, uising slots 2 and 4 (booted fine). Put both sticks back into the problem system, powered it on and got nothing on screen.

So, now you know the RAM is OK. Next step is to test the CPU in a known good system, if you have a suitable one of course. If that succeeds, you know it's the mainboard that has a problem. If it fails, try the CPU from the working system on the mainboard to see if that solves the issue.

Oh, just thought of that: did you update the BIOS to support the CPU? It should be supported OOTB, but you'd never know!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Dang, I was hoping I wouldn't have to mess around with the CPU's. But it's part of the process, I guess.
I haven't been able to update anything because I can't get any video output.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Hadoken, did this get resolved at all? I'm having a very similar problem with my 3700x and ASUS crosshair 

I'm looking for some pointers too. If I fix anything, I'll let you know how it goes

Cable problem? Have you tested any other HDMI cable or even DVI if you have one?