Switch type recommendations?

AzrealNoctis

I'm thinking about getting a new keyboard, the one I have right now has cherry blues in it and as satisfying as they sound, the moment I start typing for more than a few seconds, it gets a bit grating.

What switch type would you recommend for a mix of casual gaming and occasional story writing? I'm thinking reds.

Reds are good, but there’s no bump.

What did you find grating about blues?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Reds are good, but there’s no bump.

What did you find grating about blues?

What do you mean by bump?

It's just that, when my fingers hit the keyboard to type, they hit fast, I have a tendency to type really fast for my stories if I have a segment that I've thought out, so me typing quickly and blues natural clickeyness means the whole room I'm in tends to get pretty loud.

7 minutes ago, AzrealNoctis said:

I have right now has cherry blues in it and as satisfying as they sound, the moment I start typing for more than a few seconds, it gets a bit grating.

grating? u mean it's rough feeling or?

Just now, AzrealNoctis said:

What do you mean by bump?

It's just that, when my fingers hit the keyboard to type, they hit fast, I have a tendency to type really fast for my stories if I have a segment that I've thought out, so me typing quickly and blues natural clickeyness means the whole room I'm in tends to get pretty loud.

oh

MX red/silvers if you want linear switch

browns are decent too, the tactile feeling isnt too obvious (to me, a blue user anyways), and no clicky sound

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

If you want a fast switch with tactile bump look for speed brown or something like that ... speed switches have shorter throw and higher actuation point than "normal" switches.  I have a speed switch and I like them a lot for typing ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

For what it's worth, I'm using a cheap Redragon with knockoff brown switches in it for work. I spend 8 hours a day sending emails, working in spreadsheets and working live customer chats. I've used it a few times for gaming, and it's fine. But for work/typing I LOVE it.  Way nicer for that application when compared to the reds in my gaming board.