Specific notification settings

Kanna

This may be hard to make but it would be easy and good to have the ability to set custom notification settings for the people you follow instead of everyone, example I would be able to get comment notifications on one person and the other person I would only receive status update notifications from

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

inb4 there's some hidden options that you can turn on to do this

me and kanna looked around for a bit and found nothing

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Because of the way the forum software handles follows, it isn't currently possible to decouple following for status updates from following for other content, beyond having separate global settings for it.Trying to disentangle that would require changes in quite a few places, some of which aren't very amenable to overriding. If there are lots of people who would want to do this, I think it should be possible, but without lots of people being interested it's not going to be worth the investment by me.

I will suggest this to IPS, but they don't even seem to read the suggestion topics these days so I wouldn't hold your breath.

As a workaround, you can create an activity feed that shows content by specific members - https://linustechtips.com/main/discover/?do=create.

HTTP/2 203