Best robo-vacuum on Mediamarkt?

Lii

Hello as the title says

I have a gift card of 350 euros for this website, which unfortunately is expensive af, and has limited choices:

https://www.mediaworld.it/catalogo/piccoli-elettrodomestici/pulizia/aspirapolvere-robot?displayMode=grid

It should be nice to have something that can both sucking up stuff like a normal vacuum, but also that it could wash the floor, from the website I've seen this:

https://www.mediaworld.it/product/p-128160/rowenta-explorer-serie-60-rr7427wh

But dunno, I haven't seen any decent review..

Didn't know they were called mediaworld in italy. Interesting.

Anyway, personally I would visit a store near you and check them out. Then you can still order it online or even pick it up right at the store.
Buying it online has the advantage, that you're allowed to return the item within 14 days by EU law. At the store they could reject the return.

So test it for 14 days and if it's junk, return it.

Rowenta has done decent stuff in the past, but not sure how good they are at making robo-suckers. 

18 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Didn't know they were called mediaworld in italy. Interesting.

Anyway, personally I would visit a store near you and check them out. Then you can still order it online or even pick it up right at the store.
Buying it online has the advantage, that you're allowed to return the item within 14 days by EU law. At the store they could reject the return.

So test it for 14 days and if it's junk, return it.

Rowenta has done decent stuff in the past, but not sure how good they are at making robo-suckers. 

Actually at first I did order something online, but the order for some reasons never got out of their magazines

Contacting their support was somewhat useless, because they were basically doing a world of mouth between another department which wasn't replying

So I decided to cancel the order and get a refund, and go directly to some of their physical store to get any vacuum or maybe if there are some decent gift card like vanillas one (apparently from the website I cannot see what each store does offer, and the staff of the store is useless) to convert my giftcard to money

Though rowenta for now seems to offer a promotion/service of "satisfied or refunded"

where I could directly return it to them and get a refund from them via bank transfer, but it might take as long as 180 days to get the refund which is insane

2 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

Seems like their customer service sucks no matter the name of their company.

They got a pretty bad reputation in Germany. I worked for a retailer of the Metro Group before and know how to talk to them to get what I want and I also know my rights, but it's hard for the average consumer to always get what they deserve. So instead MediaMarkt gets what they deserve: They're slowly dying. I know their numbers, they aren't good. 😛 

14 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Seems like their customer service sucks no matter the name of their company.

They got a pretty bad reputation in Germany. I worked for a retailer of the Metro Group before and know how to talk to them to get what I want and I also know my rights, but it's hard for the average consumer to always get what they deserve. So instead MediaMarkt gets what they deserve: They're slowly dying. I know their numbers, they aren't good. 😛 

Yeah they are junk (both physical and online store), though I got a gift card of 500 euros for relatively cheap (150 euros) because (I think?) of an error of another store, which was great

Apparently they also blacklisted for one day my number from the customer support, but after flooding them with calls with other numbers they rewhitelisted my number and refunded my money after a couple of days

Anyway the medium customer in Italy seems to be boomers and that type of people who are tech ignorant/functional illiterates

16 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

- - snip - -

2 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

- - snip - -

In sweden they have a kinda good reputation never bought anything there as I don’t live close to one but people seem to like it here an friends too

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

17 minutes ago, Kanna said:

In sweden they have a kinda good reputation never bought anything there as I don’t live close to one but people seem to like it here an friends too

Everything's better in Sweden. 😛 

4 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Everything's better in Sweden. 😛 

Except PC part prices

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Except PC part prices

There are 3 things that make me happy to live in Germany.

1. Autobahn
  2. Hardware pricing
  3. Schnitzel

https://www.mediaworld.it/product/p-986573/irobot-roomba-e5

iRobot is one of worlds famous robot vacuum cleaners and they have a very long and reliable track record. Being so widely sold also means you'll easily get parts for it, genuine and copycats. iRobot also has patent on dual belly brushes which puts them in unique position. Also E5 comes with dual rubber brushes which are much more resistant to threads and long hair tangling on it. Only thing I really don't like about iRobots is the fact they only have single side brush for some reason and dust bins are really absolutely idiotic (as in hard to clean inside on most models). My cheap Midea MR06 has one of the best dust bin designs I've seen on any robot and has dual side brushes and how much wider zone it covers with them as well as reaching under furniture from both sides regardless which path around the room it takes is just so much better. E5 doesn't have wet cleaning but in all honesty, I don't think it's all that useful since you have to prepare it by filling water first...

https://www.mediaworld.it/product/p-128160/rowenta-explorer-serie-60-rr7427wh

Rowenta is also very reliable and well known brand in Europe. It basically has the same general benefits as iRobot, has regular single main brush, but has dual side brushes. Dust bin is much closer to Midea's design and I like it more than iRobot's. It also has a really funky bumper design where it's not just a collision sensing bumper on the front, but goes all the way around the robot like a ring and actually moves whole when it hits something. Never seen it this way on any robot.

Personally, I'm a fan of dual side brushes and dust bin design of Rowenta, but iRobot always feels like it's more reliable and easier to find parts for it anywhere. Both have phone app and both should clean really well. I always thought robot vacuum cleaners were a bit of a gimmick, but after giving it a try with Midea MR06 that I got really cheap on AliExpress, I've changed my opinion a bit. It's doing a superb job and I'm always amazed how it picks up so much dust on seemingly clean looking floor. And given both iRobot and Rowenta are few levels more advanced, I think you'll be happy with either one you take. I'd avoid other brands because they only have robots to fill the gap, but aren't really invested in them. iRobot only does this and they are really good at it. Rowenta does bunch of stuff but managed to convince me with some good design choices. Check Youtube, there is one guy who tests robots and you might find both there to have a better idea how they operate irl.