3200mhz ram don't go more than 2666mhz

Go to solution Solved by Centurius,
41 minutes ago, bestdgl said:

Website and box says that supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) and in bios it shows the 3000 and 3200mhz xmp profile.
Ram list shows only up to 2666 sticks but bios and box says different. It's weird.

Maybe you guys are right and it doesnt support more speed.

OR my sticks arent compatible.

Yes, it does support XMP, up to its rated maximum speed of 2666 Mhz. The bios can identify RAM but because the chipset is not rated for it, it won't be able to use it. The B chipsets are never intended for overclocking (which running RAM at higher speeds is).

I just bought:
i9-9900

Asus Strix B365-F Gaming
PN (90MB11I0-M0EAY0)
2 x 8GB RAM Kingston
PN (HX432C16FB3A/8) 

I know they doesn't show in the memory list. (The only ones i got available in my reseller and cant get better or different ones in Argentina=

I enabled XMP in the bios in 3200 but ram only goes up to 2666, (i dont mind using them at 2666, but since I have them, it would be good to take advantage of them!

Is there a way get it working with custom timing or something like that?

You can like guides or ask me any question!

B365 doesn’t support RAM faster than 2666 MHz. From what I have heard, setting CL to 14 will give you performance similar to 3200 MHz CL16

3 minutes ago, bestdgl said:

Asus Strix B365-F Gaming

I think B series intel boards dont go above official spec

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Website and box says that supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) and in bios it shows the 3000 and 3200mhz xmp profile.
Ram list shows only up to 2666 sticks but bios and box says different. It's weird.

41 minutes ago, bestdgl said:

Yes, it does support XMP, up to its rated maximum speed of 2666 Mhz. The bios can identify RAM but because the chipset is not rated for it, it won't be able to use it. The B chipsets are never intended for overclocking (which running RAM at higher speeds is).

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W