Stupid question

Like Intel chips, do Ryzen mobile chips also have throttle and shutdown failsafes to prevent damage from overheating?

13 minutes ago, Chandrodoy said:

Like Intel chips, do Ryzen mobile chips also have throttle and shutdown failsafes to prevent damage from overheating?

All recent chips do, including mobile chips like the ones in your phone.

By recent I mean in the last 25 years

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

10 hours ago, Chandrodoy said:

, do Ryzen mobile chips also have throttle and shutdown failsafes to prevent damage from overheating?

Yep..

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 hours ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

All recent chips do, including mobile chips like the ones in your phone.

By recent I mean in the last 25 years

Actually it's more like the last 10-15 years for AMD, Intel has had it for about 20 years.
Socket A for example will definitely fry and die, it has no internal means of throttling and even socket 939 chips don't have it - I lost a 939 chip recently due to it getting too hot and going out like fried chicken.
The early Intels (Around 2000) had problems with them frying too once, that led to them developing a means to make the chip throttle and it's been there eversince and it's now a standard with all chip designs I'm aware of. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Actually it's more like the last 10-15 years for AMD, Intel has had it for about 20 years.
Socket A for example will definitely fry and die, it has no internal means of throttling and even socket 939 chips don't have it - I lost a 939 chip recently due to it getting too hot and going out like fried chicken.
The early Intels (Around 2000) had problems with them frying too once, that led to them developing a means to make the chip throttle and it's been there eversince and it's now a standard with all chip designs I'm aware of. 

Well. I stand corrected.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD