Good 12-18u server cabinets/racks?

So, i just got a 4U mining case for a 3d rendering rig, and with it, i need a rack, and at the same time i’ve thought about moving my main rig into a rack as well to save some space as well as some future servers. Been looking some stuff up, but i’m alien to the server space. Any suggestions? 

A rack can be as simple as a pair of metal tubes bolted to the floor. Mind, those are usually for equipment that doesn't weigh much, like routers/switches etc. For actual servers, you'd be looking at a 4-post solution. It has the advantage it can be free-standing, as it won't require bolting stuff down. Major suppliers are APC and DSI.

Note that these racks come in different sizes, not only in height but depth as well. This reflects on the various systems that can be housed inside them. Obviously, fitting a 1200mm server case in a 800mm deep rack is "a challenge" ;) Some racks are wider then the 600mm industry standard and thus allow for better cable management on the side. But it comes at a larger footprint premium. And price.

It's also worth noting that these racks are quite expensive for what they are and offer. It's essentially a metal case with fittings and prices start at around 400 euro (that's probably a good 550-600 $Can) Consider going without a rack for now and see how your situation develops. Buying a rack case later is always an option. Oh, and by the way: if you house your equipment/servers in an enclosed rack, make sure it has adequate cooling too. Your systems will live longer if you do :P

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

I have the 25U variant of this Rosewill Rack. It's proven to me to be quite rigid and easily holds my body weight. Holds deep servers. Adjustable. I like it.

Being 4U rendering i'm assuming its a long case like one of the Rosewills RSV cases....i'd look at something like the StarTech rack. Its open making it affordable, has heavy duty castors so you can move it and its adjustable in depth up to 40" so you can accomodate the longest servers like the Dell PowerEdge's  https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Open-Frame-Server-Rack/dp/B084NXSLTG/re

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA