Minor curiosity - Windows Update removed my desktop wallpaper

pythonmegapixel

I had a photo I took as my desktop wallpaper; after updating to Win10 2004 it's now just plain black.

It's not a big deal, and it's trivial to change it back, but does anyone know what might have caused this?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

one of the older features of unlicensed windows was removing your desktop background and setting it to black, although that was all the way back with windows 7 if I recall. Possible that some of that vestigial code was executed this one time.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

one of the older features of unlicensed windows was removing your desktop background and setting it to black, although that was all the way back with windows 7 if I recall. Possible that some of that vestigial code was executed this one time.

That's odd - my Windows installation is correctly licensed...

image.png.c5b214ff7c22c85141bcdbd98d3403ca.png

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Maybe your wallpaper was stored in Windows directory and upgrade creates new one. I don't think you lose anything else.

When their happens, it is typically because you set as a wallpaper an image, but deleted or moved the image after. If you don't want to see your image where you have it, and can't find a spot of your linking, then, before setting it as background image again, place it in C:\Users\<Account Name>\AppData (hidden folder)\Roaming. Or another good spot but it will shared with other users if any, to C:\Users\Public\Documents