Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freddymaster922

$700 build

Posted · Original PosterOP

One of my friends is asking me to build him a computer, so I have to choose the parts for him to buy. I was wondering if this was an ideal build.

6 minutes ago, Freddymaster922 said:

One of my friends is asking me to build him a computer, so I have to choose the parts for him to buy. I was wondering if this was an ideal build.

Maybe 16 gigabytes? Also its gonna be helpful to OC the memory to 3600 since youre using a Ryzen CPU, and if its just for gaming then a 3300X would make more sense, and with that money saved a larger SSD or maybe a better board like the tomahawk max

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

If you're trying to get it under $700, you should be looking at a 3300X (or 3100 since the 3300X has pretty much vanished from the face of this planet) instead:

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you're trying to get it under $700, you should be looking at a 3300X (or 3100 since the 3300X has pretty much vanished from the face of this planet) instead:

By $700 I mean like, under $800

6 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

or 3100 since the 3300X has pretty much vanished from the face of this planet

Yeah, what happened to it?

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
2 minutes ago, Freddymaster922 said:

By $700 I mean like, under $800

In that case you could go for a 3600 and 1TB SSD:

Or go for a 5600XT which should provide a decent bump in gaming performance:

4 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Yeah, what happened to it?

🤷‍♂️ maybe AMD's just low on fully functional CCXes and they need to keep them for the higher-end SKUs?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER