Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marco_polo7742

I'm new to PC as im coming off if PS4 and u have no idea as to what parts to use

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): £1300

Country: England

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA 5, Warzone, Minecraft and csgo

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): already have a mouse and headset. I would like to play at 144hz refresh rate and 1080 or 1440 resolution. I'm going to buy a razer keyboard.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I made this list

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£269.38 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£115.40 @ Alza) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (£98.77 @ Newegg UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£48.30 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£52.95 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  (£474.98 @ AWD-IT) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£72.45 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  (£318.57 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Total: £1530.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-06 22:23 BST+0100

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think you can wait for two months until next gen parts come out? It's the same architecture as what's being used in the next gen consoles so you will have much better price to performance.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

I made this list

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£269.38 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£115.40 @ Alza) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (£98.77 @ Newegg UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£48.30 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£52.95 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  (£474.98 @ AWD-IT) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£72.45 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  (£318.57 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Total: £1530.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-06 22:23 BST+0100

 

 

That's a bit over my budget

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

Do you think you can wait for two months until next gen parts come out? It's the same architecture as what's being used in the next gen consoles so you will have much better price to performance.

I need a computer not only for games but for school stuff aswell, my laptop has served me well over the years

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marco_polo7742 said:

I need a computer not only for games but for school stuff aswell, my laptop has served me well over the years

Okay. So you think your laptop can tide you over two months until next gen stuff comes out? You will get much better performance for the same price.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, marco_polo7742 said:

I'm going to buy a razer keyboard.

What razer keyboards? The majority of them are shit with bad switches, build quality and keycaps.


|| CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2GHz 1.4v || CPU Cooling: Wraith Prism (Upgrade to 212 Black Pending) || Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX || RAM: C-DIE LPX @ 3266MHz 15-17-17-20 1.45v slightly tuned subs || Storage1x MX500 500GB 1x WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM || GPU: Gaming OC 5700XT @ 2010 Core // 1800 Mem || Case: H510 Matte Black || PSU: RM550x || Monitors: 2x KG281K || Keyboard: Tecknet Wired Membrane || Mouse: Tecknet Wired Mouse || Headphones: Platinum Wireless || Mic: Inbuilt (Upgrade to Yeti Nano Pending) || Console: PS4 Pro 1TB || Phone: iPhone X || Earphones: AirPods Pro || Watch: Apple Watch Series 2

 

My words of advice:

Don't buy Cherry Browns.

Don't play Overwatch. I've hate the game yet I play it every day.

Wireless > Lighter Mice

Silence > Temps for Coolers

Get a good PSU

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Okay. So you think your laptop can tide you over two months until next gen stuff comes out? You will get much better performance for the same price.

It literally won't turn on anymore, I've tried changing it and all but still won't turn on

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, marco_polo7742 said:

That's a bit over my budget

You can cheap out on a couple of things,

 

You don't need a hard drive right away you can save up and get it later

 

You can get a worse case since it doesn't really affect performance

 

You can get a 1080p or a 60Hz monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F |G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2x16GB, 3200MHz CL14) | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, marco_polo7742 said:

It literally won't turn on anymore, I've tried changing it and all but still won't turn on

Fair enough, seems like you need it. People like @Mateyyy have provided some great options, you should check them out.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, gloop said:

What razer keyboards? The majority of them are shit with bad switches, build quality and keycaps.

Cynosa chroma probably, don't need something expensive af rn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marco_polo7742 said:

Cynosa chroma probably, don't need something expensive af rn.

Why are you spending £80 on a membrane keyboard? Get something like a GK61 from aliexpress.


|| CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2GHz 1.4v || CPU Cooling: Wraith Prism (Upgrade to 212 Black Pending) || Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX || RAM: C-DIE LPX @ 3266MHz 15-17-17-20 1.45v slightly tuned subs || Storage1x MX500 500GB 1x WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM || GPU: Gaming OC 5700XT @ 2010 Core // 1800 Mem || Case: H510 Matte Black || PSU: RM550x || Monitors: 2x KG281K || Keyboard: Tecknet Wired Membrane || Mouse: Tecknet Wired Mouse || Headphones: Platinum Wireless || Mic: Inbuilt (Upgrade to Yeti Nano Pending) || Console: PS4 Pro 1TB || Phone: iPhone X || Earphones: AirPods Pro || Watch: Apple Watch Series 2

 

My words of advice:

Don't buy Cherry Browns.

Don't play Overwatch. I've hate the game yet I play it every day.

Wireless > Lighter Mice

Silence > Temps for Coolers

Get a good PSU

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Fair enough, seems like you need it. People like @Mateyyy have provided some great options, you should check them out.

Will they run the games im gonna run? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, gloop said:

Why are you spending £80 on a membrane keyboard? Get something like a GK61 from aliexpress.

I'll look into the keyboard then, thanks for the suggestion

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, marco_polo7742 said:

Will they run the games im gonna run? 

They will definitely run those games well. You should look at the build @Mateyyy posted but instead of a 2070 super get a 5700xt. Even the ones with good coolers like the 5700xt gaming oc are over 100 less. They have slightly lower performance, no raytracing, and dont have nvec encoding but they have a much better price to performance (and should still run the games you want at 144fps). If you do get the 2070 super get it sooner than later as they just stopped manufacturing them so they will soon go out of stock and raise in price even more. It will be about 150 under budget so you can either save that money, get a 3700x, or the best thing would be to add more storage. Either another 1tb ssd or 2-4tb hdd.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

but instead of a 2070 super get a 5700xt. 

Considering this is OP's first time building and using a PC as their daily, I wouldn't recommend a 5700XT, simply because of the potential of driver issues popping up.


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F |G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2x16GB, 3200MHz CL14) | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mateyyy said:

Considering this is OP's first time building and using a PC as their daily, I wouldn't recommend a 5700XT, simply because of the potential of driver issues popping up.

Havent all the driver issues been fixed by now? I thought that was only an issue at the beginning.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

They will definitely run those games well. You should look at the build @Mateyyy posted but instead of a 2070 super get a 5700xt. Even the ones with good coolers like the 5700xt gaming oc are over 100 less. They have slightly lower performance, no raytracing, and dont have nvec encoding but they have a much better price to performance (and should still run the games you want at 144fps). If you do get the 2070 super get it sooner than later as they just stopped manufacturing them so they will soon go out of stock and raise in price even more. It will be about 150 under budget so you can either save that money, get a 3700x, or the best thing would be to add more storage. Either another 1tb ssd or 2-4tb hdd.

So i should just swap out the storage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Havent all the driver issues been fixed by now? I thought that was only an issue at the beginning.

It's surely a lot better than at launch, but not all of them have been fixed.


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F |G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2x16GB, 3200MHz CL14) | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marco_polo7742 said:

So i should just swap out the storage.

No, leave the one thats there as it is a great ssd. If you have money leftover in your budget, you can add a hdd to your system.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

No, leave the one thats there as it is a great ssd. If you have money leftover in your budget, you can add a hdd to your system.

Okay, thank you very much 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×