HELP! Looking for compatible RAM for existing one for use in dual channel.

Hi,

I have been looking to upgrade my system ram from 8gb to 16gb. I already have a 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX with,

Specs:

model number: CMK8GX4M1A2400C16

Latency: 16-16-16-39

power: 1.20V

speed:2400mhz

So far i have found this ram on amazon. All the specs of this model match with the ram i own except model number. It has an extra R at the end. 

Will this ram work in dual channel with my current ram if go for this one? Help!

Thanks

Link to probably the same ram i found online, again: https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-Vengeance-2400MHz-Chipset-CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R/dp/B01ARHCZYO/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3OOIAGJUYMRAV&dchild=1&keywords=corsair%2Bvengeance%2Blpx%2B8gb%2Bddr4%2B2400mhz&qid=1596704331&sprefix=corsair%2Bvengeance%2Blpx%2Caps%2C288&sr=8-1&th=1

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-06 at 2.50.09 PM.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

1 hour ago, PeachGr said:

Just buy the exact model. Can't go wrong with that

Thing is i can't find this model here in Amazon India or any other website. The one i can find i is linked above. It has the same model number but with an R at the end. 

Can you guys tell me if these model are same or will work with each other?

That R is for Red, because it has a different color heatsink than the one you have, if it is not obvious from the listing.

It will work just fine. Your aesthetics may be off, but considering the dust on that cpu fan, it is probably not a concern.

If the difference in value is not too much, i suggest you go for a higher frequency version of the same model 3000/3200+, to sort of future proof your RAM, if you ever think you may move to a Ryzen system in 5 years-ish or less. It would still be compatible with the ram you have, they will both run at the speed of the lowest one.

In the worst case scenario, if the specs are not the same and the jedec tables do not match at all (which is highly unlikely), they will run at minimum DDR4 speeds of 2133.

3 hours ago, LauRoman said:

That R is for Red, because it has a different color heatsink than the one you have, if it is not obvious from the listing.

It will work just fine. Your aesthetics may be off, but considering the dust on that cpu fan, it is probably not a concern.

If the difference in value is not too much, i suggest you go for a higher frequency version of the same model 3000/3200+, to sort of future proof your RAM, if you ever think you may move to a Ryzen system in 5 years-ish or less. It would still be compatible with the ram you have, they will both run at the speed of the lowest one.

In the worst case scenario, if the specs are not the same and the jedec tables do not match at all (which is highly unlikely), they will run at minimum DDR4 speeds of 2133.

I thought so was just making sure.

Dust or not, it will still work fine as my PC's theme is red and black 😛

Thanks for your reply.

And one more thing, any tips on cleaning that heat sink. Believe me or not but i cleaned my Pc less than a month ago. But wasn't able to clean heatsink as i don't have a blower and sort of thing.