Best airflow dust filter and fan position. CUSTOM CASE

PWforPower

I'm making custom wooden pc case and first problem is how to set 3 fans on front of case. ???? and one back, or there is better fan position for best airflow.

Does 3 fans on front of case for good airflow must have one hole or spearated holes for each fan?           like http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P400A.html
How much dust filter mesh must be far from the fan/fans* if they have one hole for all?

Which dust filter mesh is best for good airflow and which fan is the best cappable with mesh ie. best mesh combined with fan static pressure.

Other problems will be showed in next posts.

For all who want wooden custom case when I finish build I will make "book" where will be in detail showed and written all about custom case and how to make it.

Ungdftitled.thumb.png.0fbb8b9fb60dc095c24451b82034d275.png

5 hours ago, PWforPower said:

Other problems will be showed in next posts.

Do us all a favor and keep it in this one thread.

So you are doing wooden version of Eclipse? The main issue with those cases is that they have metal front door without any good intake holes. If you have mesh or fans otherwise with direct path, thats already better in terms of cooling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/27/2020 at 8:59 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Do us all a favor and keep it in this one thread.

So you are doing wooden version of Eclipse? The main issue with those cases is that they have metal front door without any good intake holes. If you have mesh or fans otherwise with direct path, thats already better in terms of cooling

Ok, but my exact question is what distance is best between fan and mesh for best air intake from front side( i will have interesting holes for 2-3 artic p14 pwm pst(max 1700rpm about 2.8 mm H2O and 75cfm)

Eclipse p400a or 500 have mesh on door(3-5cm far from fan) , but lian li o11 have magnet mesh barely to fan(0.3-0.5cm far from fan). So I dont know what's best fairness. 

And how I think 2.8mm H2O is good static pressure for good airflow with mesh, but I don't know what's best distance mesh from fan. 

First two questions I have done, but I'm still not sure is that https://www.ebay.com/itm/5Pcs-PC-Fan-Dust-Filter-Computer-Cooling-Ultra-Fine-PVC-Mesh-Dustproof-Cover-BF/153985950478?hash=item23da47230e:g:9k0AAOSwgOpe9-ZS good mesh. 

7 hours ago, PWforPower said:

Ok, but my exact question is what distance is best between fan and mesh for best air intake from front side( i will have interesting holes for 2-3 artic p14 pwm pst(max 1700rpm about 2.8 mm H2O and 75cfm)

Ok, so there's two questions in there. 1) Whats difference between mesh and dust filter, 2) What distance fan should be unfiltered and filtered.

Answer to 1 is that mesh is something that lets air through and still looks good. Dust filter is finer stuff you have behind mesh. Answer to 2nd is right next to dust filter and if there's no filter, doesn't really matter.

7 hours ago, PWforPower said:

I have couple of those laying around. Not really need for them as current case has pre-made fabric.

But yeah, since filter blocks more air, you should have fan right next to it. Just like you would have fan on heatsink or radiator. Otherwise air doesn't necessarily come through filter. With mesh it doesn't matter as air passes through most meshes without any real resistance. There's some, but not like it would be with dust filters.

I don't know if anyone has done testing about what distance is perfect for what density. That would require accurate airflow meter, and those can get expensive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Ok, so there's two questions in there. 1) Whats difference between mesh and dust filter, 2) What distance fan should be unfiltered and filtered.

Answer to 1 is that mesh is something that lets air through and still looks good. Dust filter is finer stuff you have behind mesh. Answer to 2nd is right next to dust filter and if there's no filter, doesn't really matter.

I have couple of those laying around. Not really need for them as current case has pre-made fabric.

But yeah, since filter blocks more air, you should have fan right next to it. Just like you would have fan on heatsink or radiator. Otherwise air doesn't necessarily come through filter. With mesh it doesn't matter as air passes through most meshes without any real resistance. There's some, but not like it would be with dust filters.

I don't know if anyone has done testing about what distance is perfect for what density. That would require accurate airflow meter, and those can get expensive.

Thank you much! 

A few days later I will post results here !