Laptop for casual gaming/workloads which won't thermal throttle, also decently thin

Been Looking for a laptop for casual gaming such as dota, some fps games etc, which isn't prone to thermal throttle and will last long on the battery when not gaming. Amd is preferred. 

Recently been looking at this: ASUS VivoBook X512DA 15.6 Inch Full HD Laptop, AMD Ryzen 7 3700U, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10

I've heared it thermal throttles and due to this is beaten by inferior/cheaper laptops which is a big shame because the specs look so damn good for a relatively cheap system. It's also made of plastic and is pretty flimsy but this isn't nearly as big of an issue as the first. Are there any similar laptops to suit my needs around this price range? Thanks. 

Also forgot to mention that I don't like the look of big bulky gaming laptops, nor will anyone at university where I plan to bring it in to work on. So if possible I would like to avoid those, weight would also be important as I'd be carrying it around allot. 

Dell XPS 15. They can run a little hot, but I just repasted mine today and dropped like 10C across all work loads. They're also really well built and powerful machines. 10/10 recommend. You didn't list a budget, but I think a lower spec'd XPS 15 with a storage and RAM upgrade that you do yourself is the way. That or maybe the zephyrus G14, can't beat the value of that thing with a stick.

ASU

What's your budget?  Gigabyte Aero 15, MSI GS66, Legion Y740S.  These are all gaming laptops, but are thin and clean looking.  I mean if they care about the look of your laptop, you can always remind them that yours has 4x the power of the MacBook Air.  

Every laptop will thermal throttle

avoid X512, what's your budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, genexis_x said:

Budget is around £600 tops, if I find the "perfect" solution I'd go maybe to 700. Thanks for the responses, I'll check out the laptops recommended 

3 minutes ago, Abuisa said:

Budget is around £600 tops, if I find the "perfect" solution I'd go maybe to 700. Thanks for the responses, I'll check out the laptops recommended 

Xps15 / zephyrus g14 look pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, but are pretty expensive. is my budget too low for what I'm asking? I guess when I saw that £600 hp laptop with that really nice r7 chip it brought my expectations higher. Also I'm willing to work with an igpu, since it will significantly improve battery life as opposed to dgpu, and also thermals. Also since vega 11 seems to blow anything Intel has out of the water. 

8 hours ago, genexis_x said:

Neither of mine with Thermal Throttle.  

2 hours ago, Abuisa said:

Xps15 / zephyrus g14 look pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, but are pretty expensive. is my budget too low for what I'm asking? I guess when I saw that £600 hp laptop with that really nice r7 chip it brought my expectations higher. Also I'm willing to work with an igpu, since it will significantly improve battery life as opposed to dgpu, and also thermals. Also since vega 11 seems to blow anything Intel has out of the water. 

A lot of the thin laptops come in around the $1000-1500 USD mark.  There are gaming machines at $600-700 but they are not the thin design mostly.  

Take a look at the MSI GF63 series.
https://www.newegg.com/black-msi-gf-series-gf63-thin-9scx-005-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834155354?item=N82E16834155354&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-gaming+laptops-_-N82E16834155354&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIite4l-3R6gIVUD2tBh14EAAjEAQYAyABEgKcv_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

17 minutes ago, daveholland86 said:

Thanks, but still too gamery for me. Any other recommendations? Is the vivobook really that bad? 

2 hours ago, Abuisa said:

Thanks, but still too gamery for me. Any other recommendations? Is the vivobook really that bad? 

No the Vivobook is not that bad, its just has no dedicated video card.  The cooling solution is going to be the rough patch.  If it keep thermal throttling its about only good for productivity work.  Can you get it locally to you, as in a walk in shop and not mail order?  If you can, I say verify their return policy and try it out for yourself and see.  

22 minutes ago, daveholland86 said:

No the Vivobook is not that bad, its just has no dedicated video card.  The cooling solution is going to be the rough patch.  If it keep thermal throttling its about only good for productivity work.  Can you get it locally to you, as in a walk in shop and not mail order?  If you can, I say verify their return policy and try it out for yourself and see.  

I don't mind the igpu, as I said previously. If you guys can suggest a better laptop with vega, it should tick all my boxes, since I have a gaming pc which is coming back to me in a bit. Not really looking to replace it tbh. Should have mentioned that from the start, my bad. 

49 minutes ago, daveholland86 said:

What about an Acer Aspire 5?  They have one with the Ryzen 5 4500u in it and I have the Ryzen 3 model and it runs cool.  

https://www.microcenter.com/product/622881/acer-aspire-5-a515-44-r2hp-156-laptop-computer---black_Hatchfeed

They make a new Ryzen 7 model, but there is no store that has them in stock.

image.png.3e6691f151697d1d773b620fedf879d8.png

Looks really nice, I'm gonna check it out see if it's available in the uk

18 minutes ago, Abuisa said:

Looks really nice, I'm gonna check it out see if it's available in the uk

Can't find it in stock anywhere lol

4 hours ago, daveholland86 said:

What about an Acer Aspire 5?  They have one with the Ryzen 5 4500u in it and I have the Ryzen 3 model and it runs cool.  

https://www.microcenter.com/product/622881/acer-aspire-5-a515-44-r2hp-156-laptop-computer---black_Hatchfeed

They make a new Ryzen 7 model, but there is no store that has them in stock.

image.png.3e6691f151697d1d773b620fedf879d8.png

Can't even find the Ryzen 5 version in stock anywhere... any other recommendations? 

17 hours ago, daveholland86 said:

Must be a country thing, its shows the Swift 3 for me. 

Got anything else with a ryzen 7 chip in it?