about to buy this....

tank234

5600 XT is an odd choice, theres a few other cards for cheaper that would perform about the same/better

1660 super being one of them

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

The Sapphire 5600 XT is excellent. You won't regret it. The power supply and cooler are decent. That's a non-modular, PSU, so just be aware that you're going to have a bit of a rats' nest of cables that you'll have to hide away, but if you have a case with a PSU shroud, that should pose no problem. There's definitely better coolers to be had, but the Hyper 212 will get the job done.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

5600 XT is an odd choice, theres a few other cards for cheaper that would perform about the same/better

Seems like the 5600 is ~10% ahead,  just depends on what driver features they want. Canada's pricing is all kinds of messed up.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

The only reason I went for the 5600xt is that I could not find any 1660 supers near me. I was going to go with a 5700xt but they are about $550 on newegg and my budget is around 400-450.

27 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Seems like the 5600 is ~10% ahead,  just depends on what driver features they want. Canada's pricing is all kinds of messed up.

Very much so lol

24 minutes ago, tank234 said:

The only reason I went for the 5600xt is that I could not find any 1660 supers near me. I was going to go with a 5700xt but they are about $550 on newegg and my budget is around 400-450.

There was a 5700 XT on Amazon for 480 just on Friday 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

There was a 5700 XT on Amazon for 480 just on Friday 

oh I see it now thank you