Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
highrusher

Laptop as primary monitor

Posted · Original PosterOP

Is there any way to use a laptop as a primary monitor with no other monitors. I couldn't find a video on youtube to do that. The only one I found it works butt.. it needs a ethernet cable. How will I use my ethernet cable for internet connection then? Pls is there any way to do this via avg dvi etc. I don't think my pc suppoets hdmi its old.

no, laptops are designed as display output only. They do not accept display inputs. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Flare X 16-16-16-34 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Vengeance LPX 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x (2018) | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 

Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Aside from SupaKomputa's suggestion or perhaps remoting in to your PC over the network you'd have to physically tap into the display connector and convert it to whatever cable you want to output from your GPU. It'd be a messy setup. Laptops really aren't built to be used as standalone monitors they're tired right into the laptop motherboard.

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How To: Remotely Access Your Server/NAS

In the Queue:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.