New phone reccomendation

I'm looking for a new phone. 

my requirements:

• performance (I can't stand slow phones, but it doesn't have to be anything special, just has to last 2 years without getting too slow)
  • usb-c 
  • battery (needs to last an intensive day, mostly so the battery doesn't become unusable soon)
  • build quality (my last 2 phones were cheep (xiaomi and honor) and one bent, the other just stopped working, i would prefer if possible for it to be from a brand with a good reputation with built quality 
  • unlocked

I would LOVE for it to be water resistant, but i realize this is difficult to find in this price range

Don't care about:

• screen (can be LCD, can be pretty low resolution)
  • camera (as long as a picture of a document is OK i don't care, for everything else i have a better camera)
  • if its new, as long as its still pretty functional (I'min Australia if it matters)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: im an idiot, hard budget is 500 usd, but I'm not gonna say no to a cheaper option

Edited by Radrados

Some Nokia maybe? Mom has original Nokia 5 and build quality is amazing for a cheap phone. Maybe look into 5.3?

PC: R7 5800X, AMD RX480 4GB, 32 GB RAM, 1TB 970 EVO, 500 GB 860 EVO, 500 GB HDD, RM 750 PSU

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14":  i5 7200U, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB 860 EVO

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G

500 USD: Poco F2 Pro

Comes with a sd865, has a great build quality, battery lasts more than a day of use, screen is great, cameras are good for the price.

1 hour ago, Radrados said:

I'm looking for a new phone. 

my requirements:

• performance (I can't stand slow phones, but it doesn't have to be anything special, just has to last 2 years without getting too slow)
  • usb-c 
  • battery (needs to last an intensive day, mostly so the battery doesn't become unusable soon)
  • build quality (my last 2 phones were cheep (xiaomi and honor) and one bent, the other just stopped working, i would prefer if possible for it to be from a brand with a good reputation with built quality 
  • unlocked

I would LOVE for it to be water resistant, but i realize this is difficult to find in this price range

Don't care about:

• screen (can be LCD, can be pretty low resolution)
  • camera (as long as a picture of a document is OK i don't care, for everything else i have a better camera)
  • if its new, as long as its still pretty functional (I'min Australia if it matters)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: im an idiot, hard budget is 500 usd, but I'm not gonna say no to a cheaper option

I would suggest you to go for a budget smartphone from Xiaomi. Redmi Note 9 Pro is quite good for the use case you've mentioned. It has ample power and can handle day to day tasks fine for the next 3 years at least. It's splash proof too. Just buy the 6 GB RAM varient and flash a custom ROM if you can.

Another option would be Redmi K20 Pro(Mi 9t Pro). It has a solid build quality and great performance (for the price). But it's not dust and water resistant if that matters to you.

If you want dust and water resistance, you can have a look at OnePlus 7. 

The best phone at 500 USD mark is Poco F2 Pro. It has the latest SOC, fast storage, good cameras and good build quality. But it suffers from the same issues as that of K20 Pro i.e no water and dust resistance due to the pop-up selfie camera. 

39 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Could you provide a link to the seller(s) you intend to buy from?

So I can go straight to the answer and it will 100% be available to you within your budget

I wanted to first chose a phone, then look around for the best deal

1 hour ago, Radrados said:

I wanted to first chose a phone, then look around for the best deal

Not all sellers have what you want.