Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xMystic

What to upgrade first/ Are they good upgrades?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): ~£500 a month

Right now my pc consists of :Intel Pentium G4560, 1050Ti, 16Gbs ram, 1Tb Samsung Evo 860 SSD. Its an old pc and I finally have money to make worthwhile upgrades(recently got more ram and a ssd) But now I want to upgrade it more, with a new gpu and cpu but I am not entirely sure which I should do first. My idea for upgrades was a 2070 for a new gpu, and then an i7 9700k for a new CPU, both would set me back about £500, the cpu isn't that much but I'd be upgrading to a new motherboard and better cooler for it. I mainly play games such as Overwatch, Dead by Daylight, Apex, Hunt showdown and a few other games inbetween. However I also want to stream more often and as it is right now, when I stream I use Nvenc, since my cpu is not that good, but even then it is not the best. So would you recomend upgrading CPU first so I can change my stream to x264 and all the other usefulness of a better cpu, or would a better GPU be more benefical first, to boost most games performance and I could just continue to stream with Nvenc till I upgrade cpu after.

if you can wait a couple of months new zen 3 cpus and nvidia ampere GPUs is just around the corner. i dont think buying a high end card at this point in time is a good idea.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, Oswin said:

if you can wait a couple of months new zen 3 cpus and nvidia ampere GPUs is just around the corner. i dont think buying a high end card at this point in time is a good idea.

Not a good idea because things will go down in price or you mean it'll be worth getting newer things?

5 minutes ago, xMystic said:

Not a good idea because things will go down in price or you mean it'll be worth getting newer things?

Worth getting the newer things. 

5Head :wine_glass: AH YES