What could use improving as of right now (pre ryzen 4000 and big navi release)

cakes73

Budget (including currency): $2500-2600 USD (for the entire setup)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Astroneer, School work, Warframe, Titanfall 2, Cemu, Yuzu, Satisfactory, Doom eternal, Modded Monster Hunter World, Code Vein, Cyberpunk 2077 (when it releases)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Monitor: I would prefer to play at 1440p, 144hz in an IPS display since I seriously can't handle the color inaccuratness in Tn displays and because VA displays are a bit more unstable than IPS (and they generally go for around the same price anyway)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GBNZb8

I am currently upgrading from:

I5-7400 with a stock cooler
GTX 1060 3gb

8gigs of ram
No name motherboard
No name psu
HP case (since this is a prebuilt)

-Of course I am going to add the ryzen 4000 series when they come out and potentially the rdna 2 cards as well (depending on their price tag) so the cpu and gpu are not final by any means

-Not to familiar with what aftermarket cooler I should get so i went with the Arctic cooler 360mm since it has very good reviews and fits in the lian li Lancool 2 (if you have any cheaper aftermarket coolers that also preform the same/better in mind then do let me know)

-I also chose the be quite straight power 11 since i see a good amount of my favorite tech youtubers talk about it briefly and it also has Japanese capacitors which make me feel a bit safe

-As for the motherboard, I'm going with b550 since I want to use the 4000 series without gambiling with beta drivers on b450 and this is system is also going to get another upgrade in the next 3 years since that will be my self graduation gift (so new cpu and stuff) so staying on b550 will allow me to also futureproof my system to probably the 5000 series when that comes around. As for the motherboard selection, I honestly saw more ports on the gaming Carbon wifi than on the gaming edge wifi and as it currently stands, the price difference between the two is 30 bucks which seems like a decent trade off for me (although let me know otherwise).

-I've also heard many good things about this BenQ monitor so i opted to get this rather than a asus or acer one (although once again let me know if you recommend something else)

-Phanteks Led strip is there for illuminating the setup (going with a black-orange theme)
-the argb extenstion is there to sync up the gpu's rgb to mystic light (since it has a individual port for that)
-the other led strip is there for Bias lighting to put behind the monitor
- as for the chair, I don't have many back issues as of right now and i couldn't find any good reviews on 100-150 dollar ergonomic chairs so i went with this chair since it looks nice and from the reviews seems to be very comfortable as well ( I watch anime a lot on my current "monitor" (sanyo LCD TV) so having a reclining feature is always nice to have
- Heard good reviews on the steelseries 5 and having that discord/game audio configurer is very nice, they also seem to be very flexible with how its designed.
-Went with the apex 7 TKL since I use discord very frequently, their software allows me to see which friend is speaking while in game without alt tabbing out (on the lcd screen or on the numpad) and see notifications while my monitor is turned off for awhile (like me just laying in my bed watching videos) 

Edit: understand the question completely wrong sorry. 

the AIO is overkill, I’d suggest getting a Dark Rock Pro 4 or a NH-au12s chromax instead. 

B550 is a good choice. 

If personally switch the keyboard, but that’s probably because I like custom and good quality ones. 

Just now, gloop said:

PSU and RAM. 

For the PSU, what’s your budget?

For RAM, just get the cheapest 3200MHz CL16 16GB kit. 

for the PSU, it would be around 100-140/50 preferribly. I may go with the be quiet striaght power 11 platinium 750w since that goes for exactly that budget while also giving me more upgrading headroom

as for the ram, rn im only really seeing around a 10-20 dollar difference so rn im not too concerned with it

Just now, cakes73 said:

for the PSU, it would be around 100-140/50 preferribly. I may go with the be quiet striaght power 11 platinium 750w since that goes for exactly that budget while also giving me more upgrading headroom

as for the ram, rn im only really seeing around a 10-20 dollar difference so rn im not too concerned with it

Sorry, I understood the question completely  wrong. I edited the post above to fix it. 

On 7/5/2020 at 4:33 AM, gloop said:

Edit: understand the question completely wrong sorry. 

the AIO is overkill, I’d suggest getting a Dark Rock Pro 4 or a NH-au12s chromax instead. 

B550 is a good choice. 

If personally switch the keyboard, but that’s probably because I like custom and good quality ones. 

Hi sorry that im replying so late, but as for the keyboard comment what are your thoughts on this? https://mountainggshop.com/collections/keyboards/products/everest-max?variant=33374555635845 

It seems like its gonna be a really good keyboard and it can switch the keycaps ,switches, numpad, and the media dock whenever neccessary (numpad and media dock can be placed on both sinces of the keyboard as well) the numpad has streamdeck like keys on the top to act as in housed shortcuts to applications like discord,steam,chrome,etc. and that media thing is amaze balls

3 minutes ago, cakes73 said:

Hi sorry that im replying so late, but as for the keyboard comment what are your thoughts on this? https://mountainggshop.com/collections/keyboards/products/everest-max?variant=33374555635845 

TBh it has a ton of useless features that increase the price by 200%. 

Id look into something like a GMMK hotswap, you could read @Eschew’s mechanical keyboard guide: 

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

TBh it has a ton of useless features that increase the price by 200%. 

Id look into something like a GMMK hotswap, you could read @Eschew’s mechanical keyboard guide: 

in which case should i just go with the everest core? the everest max just has all those periperhals but the core only comes with the keyboard itself with everything else to be added seperatly like that media control. in which case i may do that since i basically never use numpads and i constantly tab out a lot of my game/software to see whats going on in the rest of my pc so that media control would actually be very helpful to me. other than that it pretty much everything else i could ask for in a keyboard