Screen is not smooth with higher fps

VolcanoOP

Hi I have a problem. I have a monitor with a resolution of 2560x1440, 144hz and G-Sync. When I play any game, it happens to me that every time it drops below 100 fps, the screen is not smooth. Maybe I have 83 fps, but I feel like I have 40 fps. And what is better? Play only with G-Sync on and Vsync off in the game or vice versa. Maybe if it's not RAM if I have 8gb. Maybe someone will help me how to solve the problem with the smoothness of the screen or at least clarify it. And the same with G-Sync. Thank you.

PC SPEC: GTX 1080 ti, 8gb ram, i7 6700 3,4ghz 

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 

18 minutes ago, Benji said:

We know nothing about your hardware. Tell us about it! CPU, RAM, motherboard, PSU, what monitor are you using...

Edited 

gsync on, vsync off

might be lack of ram as well, you'd have to check ram utilisation while gaming

1 hour ago, Benji said:

In theory G-Sync and V-Sync will work together well, but the latter might show unsatisfying results with the former turned off. In your case, you can turn off G-Sync once and leave V-Sync off as well (because probably your games would lock to 60fps based on the game, and not 100+ FPS) and see if it looks any different. 

So if I'm playing sea of thieves where I can set a 144fps lock, should I also try turning off g-sync + vsync ?

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

Only a few games have a changeable V-Sync setting, but I don't know about this game in specific. What I would advise you to do is turn it off once to see if it seems different.

Yes, I played sea of thieves and I had 85% of the ram taken, so it could be a ram. I will try all the options. Gsync off and Vsync off or Gsync on and Vsync off or Vsync on and Gsync off, but it seems to me that the Gsync on and Vsync off option works best and smoothly. Although I'm around 70 - 90 fps in certain areas of the sea of thieves, the fast movement of the screen is somehow smooth. I have 96% gpu taken and 50% cpu. Can't it be a lagspike? If I don't happen to fall to a millisecond of 40 fps in a while? Otherwise I don't know how to solve it.

Ok I will try buy more gb of ram. Thanks for tips.