1080p 60fps PC build

Budget (including currency):

8-9 million IDR (indonesian Rupiah)

Indonesia

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

Not a power user. Opera (often with dozens of tabs opened all at once), office suite for work stuff, numerous light projects in Photoshop and Illustrator. Media consumption mostly Netflix, Youtube, and locally stored videos. Speaking of video, I occasionally rip and converts videos and such with Handbrake. For games, it will be games akin to the Tomb Raider series.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Right now I'm using my old Sony TV (40" 1080p 60Hz) and regular keyboard & mouse. No plan to upgrade at the moment but can upgrade if I feel like I need it, probably a proper 1080p monitor with 120Hz panel or something, nothing too fancy.

Why build a PC: I have a laptop that serve me relatively well (Acer Swift 3 with i5 8250u, 8GB DDR4, MX150 2GB, 256GB nvme), until a few months ago when I try to actually 'game' for real instead of playing solitaire and sudoku. I found myself massively enjoying the experience and want to try a whole lot of other games, but often let down by the lack of performance from my laptop. I have to lower the resolution and graphics settings to low/lowest, it gets really hot, noisy, and the games eventually suffered from stutter during crowded scenes/plays. Considering that the last time I build a PC was eleven years ago, I think this will be a great time to build another one, this time with a real purpose.
My target performance will be at least 60fps in SoTTR on 1080p resolution with mid to high settings. I want to build a PC that's appropriate to my performance target (nothing overkill), but with options to upgrade in the long term.

From my research (basically watching some videos on youtube), a GTX 1650 Super seem to have a good balance between price and performance for my need. So I'm trying to build around that card in pcpartpicker and came up with this

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/claneksi/saved/#view=vPHwzy

I have a very limited knowledge about building PC, so I'm open to suggestion. 😀 Thanks.

Right on the borderline between egpu and building something.  The downfall of your laptop is it’s video card.  Does the laptop have thunderbolt 3?  If it does you can get into slow 580 performance with an egpu.  Could be cheaper.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, claneksi said:

is this a wrong link? pcpp prices are way different than the ones in our country its probably better to link online shopping sites 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

would would be your exact budget?

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Right on the borderline between egpu and building something.  The downfall of your laptop is it’s video card.  Does the laptop have thunderbolt 3?  If it does you can get into slow 580 performance with an egpu.  Could be cheaper.

No, unfortunately. 😔 It has USB type C, but just USB 3.1 (gen 1 I believe)

6 minutes ago, Oswin said:

is this a wrong link? pcpp prices are way different than the ones in our country its probably better to link online shopping sites 

Whoops, corrected in the post..

This is the correct link (I have no idea how to share the list.. lol).

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/claneksi/saved/#view=vPHwzy

Now you said it, it's really weird. The price is like a lot more expensive there. looking through online shops I think I can buy those parts for around 9 million. I thought computer parts are cheaper in the US?

image.png.6f3454a7f1f021c1d73b93f9b0c1ac29.png

7 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

would would be your exact budget?

Not more than 9 million IDR (around 650 USD)

7 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

I wish I can found reasonably priced 1600AF in Indonesia..  😢

14 minutes ago, claneksi said:

Now you said it, it's really weird. The price is like a lot more expensive there. looking through online shops I think I can buy those parts for around 9 million. I thought computer parts are cheaper in the US?

most parts are cheaper in the US, though sometimes you can get cheaper stuff here. the prices you chose on pcpp seems to be inflated as well, due to shortages.

build looks pretty solid 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

8 hours ago, Oswin said:

most parts are cheaper in the US, though sometimes you can get cheaper stuff here. the prices you chose on pcpp seems to be inflated as well, due to shortages.

build looks pretty solid 

Nice :D

I guess I can get going with this line of spec list.. I'm going to see around once more if I can get the same perf. for less. Maybe a used RX 580 or old mid-range CPU, or who knows if that egpu thing still possible. Just found out about the m.2 to PCIe x16 adapter, though it looks ugly and I don't think I want to sacrifice the only m.2 slot in my laptop and the nvme drive.. lol

Thank you guys for your inputs!

Well, you really aren't asking for much. 1080p@60 is pretty trivial for modern components. The only reason your laptop struggles is power and cooling constraints, neither of which is an issue for a PC build, as long as you're not trying to squeeze it into a tiny ITX case. You could probably use the same or equivalent components your laptop uses in their desktop versions (full TDP, with adequate cooling) and get where you want. Anything over that is gravy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Yeah, I think so too. The fact that I have virtually zero experience with high end hardware means I have pretty low expectation and relatively easy to please. lol I guess it's a good thing, for my bank account at least.

Not that I won't appreciate the extra performance overhead though. I'm sure even if it turns out that I'm not cut out for the gamer life, the PC will have a great use at my home, maybe for another decade or so.

1 hour ago, Chris Pratt said:

Well, you really aren't asking for much. 1080p@60 is pretty trivial for modern components. The only reason your laptop struggles is power and cooling constraints, neither of which is an issue for a PC build, as long as you're not trying to squeeze it into a tiny ITX case. You could probably use the same or equivalent components your laptop uses in their desktop versions (full TDP, with adequate cooling) and get where you want. Anything over that is gravy.

I suspect it’s that mx150 myself, but potato potato.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.