3700X voltage

Hi! I've noticced that my Ryzen 7 3700x has a vddcr that varies from 1.45-1.48V is this a normal for a processor to operate at these temps? (These are voltages at stock and I have no plans on overclocking). I've read in different websites having mixed reviews with some saying that its normal for it to run at this voltage and with some saying that its a bit on the iffy side (with the need to tune it down to 1.4V). Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you.

mobo: x570 asus tuf wifi gaming

processor: ryzen 3700x

yea, I don't normally like to run a cpu over 1.35 to 1.4 since that just degrades the cpu. I would  try and lower that voltage. But first what are temps and clock speed.

Idle voltage is usually high-ish.  Put it under load like Cinebench R20 and see it drop.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

24 minutes ago, Robin1465 said:

Hi! I've noticced that my Ryzen 7 3700x has a vddcr that varies from 1.45-1.48V is this a normal for a processor to operate at these temps? (These are voltages at stock and I have no plans on overclocking). I've read in different websites having mixed reviews with some saying that its normal for it to run at this voltage and with some saying that its a bit on the iffy side (with the need to tune it down to 1.4V). Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you.

mobo: x570 asus tuf wifi gaming

processor: ryzen 3700x

Have the same board and processor. From what I understand it’s normal. Have had it for over a year now, no problems and I have pbo enabled. 

52 minutes ago, Robin1465 said:

im not too good with these things, so I'll send a screenshot of my ryzenmaster atm hehe. @Jake Likes Tech

aaa.thumb.jpg.ab1439eb3c387b1e43ec4361c2645a50.jpg

is that your idle temp? we have the same :)

Twitchhttps://www.twitch.tv/b4mboozl3d Steamhttps://steamcommunity.com/id/asdjkasl/ YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTjOU0RQuC5DQIx6mk3SLSw

PC: Motherboard - MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Super Trio | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8) 

PSU: Seasonic Focus 750W Gold Modular | Cooler: be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | Storage: Adata XPG SX6000 1TB m.2 | Case: FSP CMT340

4 minutes ago, Zektbach said:

is that your idle temp? we have the same :)

yes it spikes till 65 regardless if its idle or if im pllaying games

@Robin1465Can you show me what the clock speeds and temperature are at idle? It should show you in task manager. Also, could you run a stress test and tell me the temperatures and clock speeds then. Oh and I'm looking at that voltage, Ryzen master does that dumb thing with the "Peak volatage" so here it shows a max of 1.2... but idk if it will stay that way under load which is what you really want to see what peak voltage is at. So when you are running a stress test, take a picture of the voltage.

oh what do I use for the stress test? @Jake Likes Tech and here's my clock speeds at idle (i dont think it shows temp though)

as.jpg

Ok, so the max core voltage I'm seeing is like 1.36 which is perfectly fine, that being said I would still lower that voltage down to 1.4 to give some head room for those cores but also to make sure that it wouldn't just kill itself if it ever went over 1.4

20 minutes ago, Jake Likes Tech said:

still lower that voltage down to 1.4

Why would you higher it ? 

1.36 is perfectly normal 

1.4 won't give the cores "extra headroom" they'll boost to what they are set to 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

@TofuHarotothe voltage "Peak" was set to like 1.46, that's still lowering it, I mean yea he can set max to 1.36 i guess, but i'm not telling him to up the voltage

I tried making the voltage to 1.38 and my game woulld crash before so i don't think its recommended to lower it?

1 minute ago, Robin1465 said:

I tried making the voltage to 1.38 and my game woulld crash before so i don't think its recommended to lower it?

try to make it 1.4 and see if it crashes Oh also, if it's in game mode, turn that off. Ryzen master Game mode is bad.