2 HDD with 1 OS each

ChrisElitz
Go to solution Solved by homeap5,

Not corrupted, but maybe you accidentally delete some important system file or change something in registry. Or just want to made image of your current system using old one, so you can do that when your system is offline. Or just keep it as test environment if you have some files that you afraid to run using your main system.

In BIOS you can find hdd priority - place your new hdd at the top of the list.

I have a question what will happen to my microsoft app store and my apps? after i do, this still the same?

18 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Can i delete the folders named Windows and windows update?
on my old hdd?

2 minutes ago, ChrisElitz said:

Can i delete the folders named Windows and windows update?
on my old hdd?

If your new system works then yes.

BUT - I would keep it a little longer. Now you have two operating systems, so in case something wrong happens, you may just boot to second os and fix problems with first one.

24 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

If your new system works then yes.

BUT - I would keep it a little longer. Now you have two operating systems, so in case something wrong happens, you may just boot to second os and fix problems with first one.

Oh understood it might be a big help for me  when i got a corrupted windows

So

Remove old

Install new

Install os and  drivers shutdown

Install old

Boot from new

Done

So my last and final question is how do i prioritize the new hdd to boot first I'll mark it solved after this

Not corrupted, but maybe you accidentally delete some important system file or change something in registry. Or just want to made image of your current system using old one, so you can do that when your system is offline. Or just keep it as test environment if you have some files that you afraid to run using your main system.

5 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Thanks for ur help m8 appreciated it so much hdd coming around new week it`s a 1tb hdd might buy a ssd also 120gb anyways thx for ur help 

(i wont format anything)