Need Suggestion on Reverse Airflow

2 hours ago, Dr0y said:

Well with restricted front I usually like to configure it like the nzxt h500 with top and rear exhaust and let it be negative pressure and let the air enter through the constricted front and the unused pcie slots below the gpu.  It usually leads to acceptable gpu temps and a bit hotter cpu temps.  You could try that during your experimentations with airflow. 

Okay I will give it a shot

here is the diagram and another idea using the pcie brackets to mount a fan to just pick up a filter

nx200 fan config one.png

nx200 fan config 2.png

8 hours ago, narrdarr said:

Yay These closed or restricted front cases wouldnt  be so bad if they just did a reversed motherboard layout

4 hours ago, EAvirus said:

🤣🤣👍

i meant inverted motherboard layout. face palm lol

13 hours ago, narrdarr said:

here is the diagram and another idea using the pcie brackets to mount a fan to just pick up a filter

nx200 fan config one.png

nx200 fan config 2.png

Where did you get this??

2 hours ago, narrdarr said:

I made it in paint

Nice 😅👍

Its worth a try. I normally don't run like that because of dust, but if you get better temps let er rip.

I occasionally run a 92mm fan under my GPU at the PCI rack, still on the fence about its effectiveness. If I run it too fast I starve my GPU of air, too slow and it does nothing for me. I have it out right now. But if I was running a reverse flow pattern like you are contemplating, then it may do well in feeding your GPU. And with the close proximity of your rear fan drawing cool air in, your top exhaust would probably help you out quite a bit with GPU thermals, and possibly CPU too since you wont be drawing GPU air into it.. This is all highly dependent on how much air is actually flowing through your case.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

6 hours ago, freeagent said:

Its worth a try. I normally don't run like that because of dust, but if you get better temps let er rip.

I occasionally run a 92mm fan under my GPU at the PCI rack, still on the fence about its effectiveness. If I run it too fast I starve my GPU of air, too slow and it does nothing for me. I have it out right now. But if I was running a reverse flow pattern like you are contemplating, then it may do well in feeding your GPU. And with the close proximity of your rear fan drawing cool air in, your top exhaust would probably help you out quite a bit with GPU thermals, and possibly CPU too since you wont be drawing GPU air into it.. This is all highly dependent on how much air is actually flowing through your case.

can always get a dust filter for the fan. 

getting the proper fan curve for that one fan could/can be a bit challenging.

another option for that area, is to just remove the pcie brackets no fan and just a up a fan filter letting the gpu pull what it needs.