Laptop suggestions for working remotely.

Go to solution Solved by iBabySlapper,

For that kind of budget, I'd go used/refurb. I'd probably look at a used Thinkpad P51.

I believe the P51 is available with a range of 7th gen i7/xeons, quadros, 2 NVME drives, 1 2.5" drive, and up to 64gb of DDR4 (as well as the usual perks you expect from a Thinkpad).

Hi, everyone. I need some help picking out the right laptop. I need something that will be a workstation. I'm looking at the 600-900 range. Obviously the cheaper option would be best. It needs to be able to handle a lot of chrome tabs like 50 or more while running things like Adobe PDF, MS Word, Excel, and some other background tasks. I found this IdeaPad, but I'm not sure about the Core i5-1035G1. The other option I found for myself was this HP ProBook 455 and it has a Ryzen 7 4700U which should offer more bang for buck. Which would you pick and do you know if there's anything out there that would be a better option? I need the system to have 16gb RAM (ddr3 is fine too) with at least 512GB ssd/nvme. It doesn't have to be brand new either. I'm happy to buy used/refurbished as long as the specs are good, but it's hard to find an old laptop that can handle the software I'm using. Right now I have an old MSI MS-16GH and it's starting to show it's age. Most of the time the CPU is at 50-70% when working on it and there is noticeable delays with software loading/freezing.

Buy a custom PC if you are asking for a workstation machine, and then select as much as you want of Rams and other specs

The more rams you got, the more your pc responds faster and process faster.

usually more rams for multitasking

The problem is that there is a lot of Expensive modern laptops that got medium capacity of rams but with Some extra features of which is the reason of their price, The book laptops are now in race.

Pancakes and Hell 🥞 , @Naul so i can notice ^^.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Helltaker is a good game Click >> here << if you want to see.

For that kind of budget, I'd go used/refurb. I'd probably look at a used Thinkpad P51.

I believe the P51 is available with a range of 7th gen i7/xeons, quadros, 2 NVME drives, 1 2.5" drive, and up to 64gb of DDR4 (as well as the usual perks you expect from a Thinkpad).

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

31 minutes ago, iBabySlapper said:

I found some good options for that on ebay with a nice 7820hq too. Thanks for the help!