Graphics card not properly being detected by Windows 10.

Hi, Venno here.

Recently i bought a new GPU for my Computer, But it was bought second hand.

The seller had said he used the GPU for Gaming, Yet the GPU has bios problems (i think) and won't get detected by AMD's driver updaters and Windows 10.

(I think it was used for Mining.)

The problem had temporarily been fixed when i used the "atikmdag-patcher", And made the GPU work just fine until i restarted the Computer.

Is there any way to fix this problem or return a GPU adjusted for mining back to a normal stock card?

AMD Radeon RX 470

image.png.757a11264857072c61d7566603256b40.png

[I was thinking about flashing the card's bios but not sure on how to do it.]

It is most likely a firmware issue

Try flashing it with a consumer firmware and check if that helps 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Did you try using ddu first?

Haven't tried that before no, I'll try it as last option but i think it's a problem with the Card's BIOS.

Thanks for the idea.

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It is most likely a firmware issue

Try flashing it with a consumer firmware and check if that helps 

I'm not sure on how to Flash it, Is there a sort of tutorial video you could provide or a guide to do so?

Thanks for your time.

1 minute ago, Venno said:

I'm not sure on how to Flash it, Is there a sort of tutorial video you could provide or a guide to do so?

Thanks for your time.

Usually techpowerup are the ones that you would look for, for firmware updates

Gamer Nexus made a video detailing how to do it 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Still would try ddu and reinstall driver before doing anything with flashing the card. Its only a min or 2 min. 

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

Still would try ddu and reinstall driver before doing anything with flashing the card. Its only a min or 2 min. 

^ this is advised if your more of a beginner 

Build Log: 

31 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

^ this is advised if your more of a beginner 

DDU didn't work, Looked promising cause the error was gone for a little while but once my pc restarted the error was back on the GPU.

image.png

14 minutes ago, Venno said:

DDU didn't work, Looked promising cause the error was gone for a little while but once my pc restarted the error was back on the GPU.

image.png

Then I guess the only thing left is flashing your GPU

Build Log: 

35 minutes ago, Venno said:

image.png

In ddu. You should selecting to not allow windows to auto install drivers after rebooting. Then install the driver from amd. See if that works.