Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angrysystem404

Help needed with replacing CPU Cooler!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello people! I could use some help with my cooler issue on my desktop.

Its frustrating me and i hope someone can clarify this for me. Sorry for my bad Englisch btw!.

 

PC specs:

 

HP Compaq Elite 8300 tower

HP3396 mobo

16GB DDR3 Ram

1TB HDD

200GB SSD

Asus Phoenix GTX 1650

Intel i7-3770

 

 

I wanna upgrade my CPU Cooler, its fine 60-68 celsius on load but i know i could do better.

I bought a few LGA suitable coolers and they all didnt fit.

Someone told me it might has to do with the fact that some MOBOs use the Narrow ILM system and that PROB is also my case, can someone verify this if the HP3396 Mobo has this mounting system?

If so, any recomendations on wich cpu cooler to use? (without backplate)

 

I found two ''possible'' options (i am new at this and not sure if im looking correctly)

 

Noctua NH-U14S DX-3647 or the  Cooler Master Hyper H412R

 

 

My second question is about my GPU.

I am using the Asus Phoenix GTX 1650 4GB DDR5 Graphics card

While gaming it reaches between 58-71 degrees celsius, is this alright? 

 

Thank you in advance!

If you need any more information please tell me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, angrysystem404 said:

its fine 60-68 celsius on load but i know i could do better

It's not just fine, it's quite excellent. Sub 85 is good, sub 75 is great. Your GPU temps are quite alright as well 

 

For what purpose are you trying to upgrade?


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, angrysystem404 said:

Hello people! I could use some help with my cooler issue on my desktop.

Its frustrating me and i hope someone can clarify this for me. Sorry for my bad Englisch btw!.

 

PC specs:

 

HP Compaq Elite 8300 tower

HP3396 mobo

16GB DDR3 Ram

1TB HDD

200GB SSD

Asus Phoenix GTX 1650

Intel i7-3770

 

 

I wanna upgrade my CPU Cooler, its fine 60-68 celsius on load but i know i could do better.

I bought a few LGA suitable coolers and they all didnt fit.

Someone told me it might has to do with the fact that some MOBOs use the Narrow ILM system and that PROB is also my case, can someone verify this if the HP3396 Mobo has this mounting system?

If so, any recomendations on wich cpu cooler to use? (without backplate)

 

I found two ''possible'' options (i am new at this and not sure if im looking correctly)

 

Noctua NH-U14S DX-3647 or the  Cooler Master Hyper H412R

 

 

My second question is about my GPU.

I am using the Asus Phoenix GTX 1650 4GB DDR5 Graphics card

While gaming it reaches between 58-71 degrees celsius, is this alright? 

 

Thank you in advance!

If you need any more information please tell me!

Your temps are really good....

and your cpu is locked so there is no need to upgrade the cpu cooler (except for silence) 

In case u want to i think that these hp motherboards don't have standard LGA 1155 mounting holes , so u can't really upgrade, also some of the backplates can't be removed.....

And also your gpu temperatures are rlly good, if they get above 85 degrees then u can start to worry....


Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

 

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
38 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It's not just fine, it's quite excellent. Sub 85 is good, sub 75 is great. Your GPU temps are quite alright as well 

 

For what purpose are you trying to upgrade?

Where i live we have temp spikes in the summer that go up to 40 degrees outside and 30 inside. I wanna continue gaming when the sun decides to keep me inside xD

I was worried that my temps arent that good and will spike to 70-80 when its that hot outside. Just a matter of preparing and trying to get  the best out off this setup.

But its good that you think im doing fine! So sub 75 is great and 85 is considered good? then i am indeed doing great, as i am way below that range. Thats very nice to hear :) Thank you!

 

**Picture are temps while IDLE room temp: 21 degrees celsius**

Temps.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
29 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Your temps are really good....

and your cpu is locked so there is no need to upgrade the cpu cooler (except for silence) 

In case u want to i think that these hp motherboards don't have standard LGA 1155 mounting holes , so u can't really upgrade, also some of the backplates can't be removed.....

And also your gpu temperatures are rlly good, if they get above 85 degrees then u can start to worry....

What does it mean? ''locked cpu''? (trying to learn, please teach me!)

So my best bet would be keep using this system? and when im at the point where my temps go higher then 85% or i have any performance issues just get a new pc?

I do dust out my pc with canned air every month, i am very carefull with my stuff.

 

 

 

**Picture are temps while IDLE room temp: 21 degrees celsius**

Temps.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, angrysystem404 said:

What does it mean? ''locked cpu''? (trying to learn, please teach me!)

Intel sells locked and unlocked CPUs, with and without a K at the end (with some exceptions here and there)

 

Locked means you can't overclock, unlocked means you can. Most of the time, you need an "unlocked" motherboard to use the overclocking feature, and these motherboards are almost always ones with Z or X in the name (Z87, Z170, X299)

 

AMD plays by different rules, and sells almost no "locked" processors or motherboards.


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, angrysystem404 said:

What does it mean? ''locked cpu''? (trying to learn, please teach me!)

So my best bet would be keep using this system? and when im at the point where my temps go higher then 85% or i have any performance issues just get a new pc?

I do dust out my pc with canned air every month, i am very carefull with my stuff.

 

Locked means that u CAN NOT overclock it, which increases the heat output significantly (by increasing the voltages) to make the CPU run at a higher frequency.( thus higher performance)

Yeah your system is running perfectly, u shouldn't be worried, but if temperatures start going above 85 degrees (applies to both GPU and CPU), then u can start worrying..

Considering that u clear ur PC every month , then you will probably be good for a long time....

if the temperatures significantly increase (in the future) then u should apply a new thermal paste on the GPU or CPU....( depends on what is overheating)

Otherwise all good, enjoy ur PC (and gaming :D

No need to worry at all !


Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

 

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
53 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Locked means that u CAN NOT overclock it, which increases the heat output significantly (by increasing the voltages) to make the CPU run at a higher frequency.( thus higher performance)

Yeah your system is running perfectly, u shouldn't be worried, but if temperatures start going above 85 degrees (applies to both GPU and CPU), then u can start worrying..

Considering that u clear ur PC every month , then you will probably be good for a long time....

if the temperatures significantly increase (in the future) then u should apply a new thermal paste on the GPU or CPU....( depends on what is overheating)

Otherwise all good, enjoy ur PC (and gaming :D

No need to worry at all !

Awesome thank you very much!

Tamriel here i come!

 

I already wiped off the old paste and got myself the Artic MX-2 2019 edition and that gave me another -3 degrees.

 

Thank you very much for the help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, angrysystem404 said:

Awesome thank you very much!

Tamriel here i come!

 

I already wiped off the old paste and got myself the Artic MX-2 2019 edition and that gave me another -3 degrees.

 

Thank you very much for the help!

You're welcome !

Enjoy.


Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

 

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Link to post
Share on other sites

So few notes about searching cooler. You can check if socket is square or not by measuring distance from mounting hole to another. Square means they are all equal distance from each other, narrow is like rectangle and one side is longer than another.

 

Another key thing you need to look at when buying coolers is do they actually fit in your case. You can do this by measuring distance from socket to side panel. For example U14S is 165mm tall, and I doubt it will fit.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×