Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert_BYND

Dropped Frames While Recorded

Posted · Original PosterOP

So about a year ago I bought a prebuilt ibuypower TRACE94 not knowing the world of gaming PCs and built PCs yet. If I knew what I know now, I would of took the time to built my own pc but since I’m stuck with this prebuilt I need help figuring out why I drop frames while recording COD on OBS studio. I play the game at 120fps but once I hit record the game drops under 90 to as low at 60 and that just kills my eyes but I really want to record my game play. I dont know a whole lot about PCs but I understand what every component in the computer does so do I need to replace my GTX 1080 that came in the computer or should it be able to handle what I’m trying to do and I need to overlock or change some type of settings?? 

not trying to stream, just record

if you are using OBS that takes a hit on your CPU, if you can use a GPU based recording softwaer maybe youll get less of a drop.

but when you game + stream yes you will not get the same frames as gaming alone. It takes up extra power to stream.

if you want better get a new CPU or try to find a GPU based recording like NVIDIA has I think its called shaowplay or something

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, blu4 said:

if you are using OBS that takes a hit on your CPU, if you can use a GPU based recording softwaer maybe youll get less of a drop.

but when you game + stream yes you will not get the same frames as gaming alone. It takes up extra power to stream.

if you want better get a new CPU or try to find a GPU based recording like NVIDIA has I think its called shaowplay or something

Ill look into the shaowplay thanks!

What are your streaming settings? Are you using NVENC?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv