"Hamster on Speed" build needs upgrading.

Budget (including currency): £600 - 700

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I'd like to play new and upcoming titles like Control, Cyberpunk 2077 and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. 

Other details
Current Parts:

TeamGroup Elite Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit 
Seagate SSHD 7200RPM 3.5" 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2048MB GDDR5
Intel Pentium K Anniversary G3258 Socket LGA1150 (Overclocked)
SuperFlower Golden Green HX 350W "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply- Black
MSI Z97 PC Mate Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
Alpenföhn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler

It would be nice to be able to play newer and upcoming game at 60 fps 1080. I don't need anything insane and if possible I would like to keep using what I can, mostly because it all still works fine. I already have all peripherals and a monitor. I just don't know if it's even possible (or worth it) to upgrade without starting from scratch. I thought about upgrading the graphics card, but I dunno if it would make sense with my CPU being wha it is and vice-versa, the CPU socket is pretty old. Then I would have to upgrade the power supply...I just don't know where to start 😅.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

24 minutes ago, granvanoeli said:

I would like to keep using what I can, mostly because it all still works fine

If you want to keep most of your parts:

Add a used i7-4770 and 4GB more RMA to your build. If you have extra budget, you can improve the power supply and graphics card.

Would look something like this:

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Except those are all mobile CPUs

select the desktop filter

1 minute ago, foldingNoob said:

select the desktop filter

Unfortunately fifth gen availability is pretty non-existent on secondhand market. 

Fortunately 4th gen is plenty.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Fortunately 4th gen is plenty.

4790 it is then. If that is not enough to play your games you will have to buy a new motherboard & ram.

This is great help, thank you! I think maybe I'll try and upgrade the GPU first and see where I land...worst case I think I could move it to a new build...