are the files im deleting still slowing down my pc?

Hi i started doing you-tube a 5 days ago and i was wondering because i keep deleting all the clips after i have rendered a video and the video after im done uploading but i want to know overtime will it affect my PC even if i'm deleting them even from my recycle bin??

3 minutes ago, Itsyoyo said:

Hi i started doing you-tube a 5 days ago and i was wondering because i keep deleting all the clips after i have rendered a video and the video after im done uploading but i want to know overtime will it affect my PC even if i'm deleting them even from my recycle bin??

Only if the drive is a SSD, and that depends on the drive's TRIM support, caching, and wear-leveling. 

eg if you keep rendering 4GB videos and deleting them, it's not using the same 4GB space, even if no files change on the drive, unlike on a mechanical drive, which fills the next-available space. If it's a mechanical drive, you should delete the files after you're done with them, but not while processing another video, or it may just fragment it all over the place. 

If it's a SSD, it's largely irrelevant unless the files you are writing are larger than the drive's DRAM, then the drive will get slower as it fills up, particularly as it gets near 80%, which is the point at which SSD's tend to nose dive in performance as they have less blocks to wear level with.

If it is an HDD, writing and rewriting can cause gradual fragmenting.  This may affect IO speed, but a fragmented HDD is not hard to fix.

28 minutes ago, xentropa said:

If it is an HDD, writing and rewriting can cause gradual fragmenting.  This may affect IO speed, but a fragmented HDD is not hard to fix.

Windows 10 (I will assume most are using it) defaults to Defrag automatically weekly I believe it is. Defraging drives manually hasn't been needed in quite a while. 

• 1 month later...

files do not affect performance. the files aren't doing anything.