Option to disable "always on top header bar"

Arika

Either i'm remembering wrong, but i thought it used to be an option to turn off the header bar from following when you scroll down, or i'm thinking of another forum i used to go to,

image.png.803dec9c680acd05ba6e7b41e0016412.png

this bit.

Recently i've been using my Surface Pro much more on the couch because i spend soo much time at my desk now that i work from home, and something i noticed when using the Edge browser (HTML version, not chromium) is that when you scroll down there appears to be rendering issues of this top bar where it goes partly invisible and flickers during scrolling. While, yes i can get around this by using a different browser, Edge HTML is still the best for touchscreen devices.

I was able to catch it after waaaay to many attempts are getting a screenshot

Partly rendered

image.thumb.png.9a78c684f14add0189a197a1d1a53442.png

completely gone

image.png.a6b851eddfc4c72980dabab43b3758ac.png

Split

image.png.0971d83d76374032a72684bbb9818402.png

It would also be a nice to have, since most regulars probably don't need to have that bar constantly visible.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 hours ago, Arika S said:

Either i'm remembering wrong, but i thought it used to be an option to turn off the header bar from following when you scroll down, or i'm thinking of another forum i used to go to,

I'm fairly sure that was an option whenever the beta site was active. Or maybe it was a thing whenever the new theme/switchover was introduced and then canned after a few months. Haven't seen the option in account settings.

Can vaguely remember being able to toggle whether the bar was pinned or not.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It was removed since most members wanted it to be pinned IIRC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It was an option a long time ago, but it was not used much so I didn't port that functionality when the nav was rewritten to use the styling built into the browser. Unless a bunch of people suddenly come out saying that they want that back, I don't think it makes sense for me to invest in reimplementing that functionality again to avoid single frame artifacts on an old version of a browser.

HTTP/2 203