Sandy Bridge System GPU Upgrade

FinishGamer86

I have been planning to upgrade some of the components in my PC since many people said that my GPU is the performance killer. Instead of just upgrading the GPU , I will be upgrading the RAM to have at least 16GB of RAM (having 7 gigs is just strange lol). I have been thinking of a GTX 1650 4G OC MINI (it consumes about the same as my 750ti , around 75 watts) , now I've thought about an RX570 or RX580 which are better cards for wayy less money BUT there are two problems:

1) The space in my case , I can't just put in a dual fan gpu. I can put in a Single fan or low profile cards.

2) The PSU is just a 320w HP power supply which I can't change since it has proprietary connections, and the RX570 and 580 recommends at least a 400-500w psu.

What do you guys think?

My Current specs:

i7-2600

GTX 750Ti 2GB

7GB RAM

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

which cpu do you have? i3 or i5? and which model?

I have an i7-2600 non K.

Not all prebuilts are built the same, some can't reliably provide the required 75w through the PCIe slot itself. So I'd tread cautiously, installing a GTX 1650 even though it doesn't need an external PCIe power connector may still damage that motherboard or power supply.

Edit: nevermind, if it's powering a 750 ti it'll power a 1650, you should be fine

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Not all prebuilts are built the same, some can't reliably provide the required 75w through the PCIe slot itself. So I'd tread cautiously, installing a GTX 1650 even though it doesn't need an external PCIe power connector may still damage that motherboard or power supply.

Edit: nevermind, if it's powering a 750 ti it'll power a 1650, you should be fine

Yeah I've been using this card since August when I bought it and I even overclocked it without any problems.

12 minutes ago, FinishGamer86 said:

2) The PSU is just a 320w HP power supply which I can't change since it has proprietary connections, and the RX570 and 580 recommends at least a 400-500w psu.

Most if not all prebuilts with proprietary psu connectors have some kind of a adaptor that you can use, especially those from well known manufacturers like dell and HP

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

if a 750 ti is fine then so should be a 1650, only 15w of difference.

that cpu is powerful enough to handle upto a 1060 6gb, though considering your psu is a limiting factor i would recommend getting a 1650 would be a safe bet. Also, you can use a normal psu as there are adapters easily available for 24pin to proprietary motherboard power connector.

I know, edited my reply. 

Well, you could also upgrade your power supply and get an RX 5700 xt.

3 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Most if not all prebuilts with proprietary psu connectors have some kind of a adaptor that you can use, especially those from well known manufacturers like dell and HP

But it's still a 320 watt sketch-ass prebuilt PSU that already has an i7 2600 hooked up to it... Sure if you want to kill OP and burn his house down, use the adapter, but unless he upgrades his power supply, the safe bet is to stick with the 1650. It's going to be a huge upgrade anyway, I believe it's ~60% faster

I think the 1650 would be a really good choice pared with your cpu. Anything higher performing will be severely bottlenecked by your comparatively old CPU. 

7 hours ago, Aereldor said:

But it's still a 320 watt sketch-ass prebuilt PSU that already has an i7 2600 hooked up to it... Sure if you want to kill OP and burn his house down, use the adapter, but unless he upgrades his power supply, the safe bet is to stick with the 1650. It's going to be a huge upgrade anyway, I believe it's ~60% faster

What I meant is that he could buy a adaptor for his motherboard with proprietary power connectors so he could install a standard 500W psu that suits his needs.