Best AIO Cooler Available RN For 120-170 USD?

Pretty much the title. ATM my system I have just finished building has an H100i V2 in it that I got used and I suspect it has an air bubble in it that gets in the pump, then temps start to build. If I unplug and plug the pump back in, then its fine. When it acts up again, unplug replug, good to go. What I'm going to do for now is rig up a switch to turn the pump off and on quickly from the outside of the case, but I really don't want to have that be my normal, especially as I have 280mm mounts on my case, you know?

So heres my specs:

Haf XB Evo containing:

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming (Turbo Off)

AMD R9 3900X

H100i V2

GTX 970 (EVGA ACX 2.0), Soon RX480 as well,

16 (soon 32)GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz Ram

EVGA 750 Supernova G+

What this machine is going to end up doing is running VM's in linux for everything I could possibly need, from old PC stuff and emulators, to just running Mac OS so I can edit, or Windows so I can game and stream. My motherboard isn't capable of running Turbo on my chip, which I didn't realize, but I can overclock stable to about 4.4GHz, which is just fine to be honest (I'm used to OEM machines @ 2.4 - 3.2GHz, I can't complain), but because of this bubble issue I end up with some problems.

On top of that, I notice when I don't have any issues if I'm running some relatively big games in windows I sit at around 56-68C. As my case has a 280mm mount, I can only assume I will drop a few degrees. My average liquid temps hover around 38C Avg with hottest being 42C, so would the 280mm upgrade provide a few more degrees lower? I'd love to be hovering mid 50's on average.

Also, liquid metal? Yae nae? I'm slightly curious of my mounting pressure, but I think its tight on there. I just want my temps to be as low as possible. I live in michigan and I'm worried about my summer temps. I really don't want my room to be 102 degrees mid July like with my last machine (A mac pro 3,1).

Current liquid coolers I'm looking at are the Kraken X63, but its not available, The H115i Platinum (the AIO from Cool IT), the iCue H115i because its the same as the Pro (AseTek cooler), or maybe the Cooler Master CLC 280. Near as I can tell the CLC 280 is similar to the original H115i, but with the same pump as the H100i v2, or at least it looks like. I'm looking at the X63 and H115i RGB because of the tilting water line connectors. I want as little pressure pushing on the socket as possible. Though, I may be overthinking it a little bit.

So what do you guys think?

IMG_20200408_112305.jpg

IMG_20200408_114949.jpg

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

How high are temps when you suspect it's acting up and when it's not? Is pump rpm the same?

Are you testing temps with a synthetic load? I personally use OCCT. 

I don't recommend liquid metal as it reacts with copper, can also cause damage if it spills elsewhere, and isn't much better than good thermal paste. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

How high are temps when you suspect it's acting up and when it's not? Is pump rpm the same?

Are you testing temps with a synthetic load? I personally use OCCT. 

I don't recommend liquid metal as it reacts with copper, can also cause damage if it spills elsewhere, and isn't much better than good thermal paste. 

When it is acting up, the most I'm doing is installing something in steam and watching a youtube video and my CPU is slowly climbing in temps until its at 90C.  If its working halfway there it hovers at 65-70, but when its not being a little shit and working like its supposed to like it is now its at 34C to 40C.

What rpm is the pump running at? What header are you powering it off of?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 is one of the best you can buy in that price range right now.  And it's not an asetek rebrand either.

22 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What rpm is the pump running at? What header are you powering it off of?

Pump is at max speed, was on cpu_opt but is on just cpu_fan now.

14 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 is one of the best you can buy in that price range right now.  And it's not an asetek rebrand either.

Well that'd be great....  if I had room in my case xD

2 hours ago, Aremis said:

Pump is at max speed, was on cpu_opt but is on just cpu_fan now.

Do you have an rpm readout? Are you setting the rpm to 100% on the cpu_fan header?

What's your core voltage and temps at during a synthetic load? I personally use OCCT. 

48 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Do you have an rpm readout? Are you setting the rpm to 100% on the cpu_fan header?

What's your core voltage and temps at during a synthetic load? I personally use OCCT. 

Pump is 100%, 3150RPM max reported.  Running furmark and looking in cpu-z, reported voltage is 1.116.  With turbo on I get to 1.42.

My problem has now gone away.  I am assuming theres a bubble in the line and when it gets to the pump it gets stuck and fuck with the pump  However, I've been running solid for 3 days now and not had any weirdness happen whatsoever.  Mostly, I just want to make sure that when I get a 280mm AIO setup that I get one that will perform well and keep temps where I want them (48-60).

13 hours ago, Aremis said:

My problem has now gone away.  I am assuming theres a bubble in the line and when it gets to the pump it gets stuck and fuck with the pump  However, I've been running solid for 3 days now and not had any weirdness happen whatsoever.  Mostly, I just want to make sure that when I get a 280mm AIO setup that I get one that will perform well and keep temps where I want them (48-60).

Bubbles can take some time to settle after the system has stopped moving around. If the problem comes up again without moving the system, it might be a good idea to get a replacement if the cooler is under warranty. Otherwise, it seems fine. 

48c-60c seems unrealistically low. What are load temps with furmark currently?

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Bubbles can take some time to settle after the system has stopped moving around. If the problem comes up again without moving the system, it might be a good idea to get a replacement if the cooler is under warranty. Otherwise, it seems fine. 

48c-60c seems unrealistically low. What are load temps with furmark currently?

After letting it sit, gets up to 94 like it should.  Immediate slam it settles at about 68 ish.

I don't think thats terribly unrealistic.

2 minutes ago, Aremis said:

After letting it sit, gets up to 94 like it should.  Immediate slam it settles at about 68 ish.

I don't think thats terribly unrealistic.

A few degrees drop isn't too hard to do but 8-20c is a massive drop especially when the coolers mentioned aren't that much better then the H100i v2. https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/amd_ryzen_5_7_cpu_cooler_round_up/15

Is the cooler under warranty and have you tried contacting Corsair for a replacement?

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

A few degrees drop isn't too hard to do but 8-20c is a massive drop especially when the coolers mentioned aren't that much better then the H100i v2. https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/amd_ryzen_5_7_cpu_cooler_round_up/15

Is the cooler under warranty and have you tried contacting Corsair for a replacement?

I have 0 clue if its still under warranty or not.  Mostly I'm betting on the thermal mass increase giving me 3-5 degrees of a difference.  I'm just hoping my temps don't have a reason to hover over 70.

2 minutes ago, Aremis said:

I have 0 clue if its still under warranty or not.  Mostly I'm betting on the thermal mass increase giving me 3-5 degrees of a difference.  I'm just hoping my temps don't have a reason to hover over 70.

Did you buy it new from retail? It comes with a 5 year warranty and the product hasn't been released for that long. 

Did you buy it new from retail? It comes with a 5 year warranty and the product hasn't been released for that long. 

Hmmm, no I got it used.  Might ask about it.

Just now, Aremis said:

Hmmm, no I got it used.  Might ask about it.

Yea, you can ask the seller about it.

If they can't help replace the cooler, then getting a new cooler might be the best option.

Have you tried reseating the cpu block?

Yea, you can ask the seller about it.

If they can't help replace the cooler, then getting a new cooler might be the best option.

Have you tried reseating the cpu block?

I've had the machine apart and stripped twice.  Since the second time, no issues.

1 minute ago, Aremis said:

I've had the machine apart and stripped twice.  Since the second time, no issues.

You mentioned needing to slam it when the temps went higher than expected. If that happens again, replacing the cooler may be a good idea. The Liquid Freezer II 280 is good. https://www.newegg.com/arctic-cooling-liquid-freezer-ii-280-liquid-cooling-system/p/N82E16835186248

You mentioned needing to slam it when the temps went higher than expected. If that happens again, replacing the cooler may be a good idea. The Liquid Freezer II 280 is good. https://www.newegg.com/arctic-cooling-liquid-freezer-ii-280-liquid-cooling-system/p/N82E16835186248

I meant slam as in the thermals were hitting it hard lol.

5 hours ago, Aremis said:

I meant slam as in the thermals were hitting it hard lol.

Oh so you didn't mean 94c? Please use measurement units. 

I'm not sure how good Furmark is for cpu load testing but you should see 100% load. I used to only use it for gpu testing but not any more since some cards can be damaged by the load. 

Oh so you didn't mean 94c? Please use measurement units. 

I'm not sure how good Furmark is for cpu load testing but you should see 100% load. I used to only use it for gpu testing but not any more since some cards can be damaged by the load. 

No what I meant is furmark can put it to 94C