GTX 1650 transitions to GDDR6 due to "industry running out of GDDR5"

AndreiArgeanu
36 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

There's a difference between having an adequate amount of products on the market and overcrowding the market with products that cost nearly the same. Take the 1650 and 1650 super, they are essentially within 20$ of each or the 1660 and the 1660 super, like what's even the point, even if your budget is very restricted 20$ won't make huge dent in your bank account nor will it break anyone's budget.

Is that really a problem?  I mean, does it hold you back in some way or cost you more?   Your ability to find an extra $20 somehow makes this more of a problem than not. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

46 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

There's a difference between having an adequate amount of products on the market and overcrowding the market with products that cost nearly the same. Take the 1650 and 1650 super, they are essentially within 20$ of each or the 1660 and the 1660 super, like what's even the point, even if your budget is very restricted 20$ won't make huge dent in your bank account nor will it break anyone's budget.

My memory is the 1650 is a specific niche device.  It has no power ports.  It’s the 2080ti of cards for prebuilt office machines with no power cables.   I suspect there will be a half height too.  If I had to remove a card from the lineup it would be the 1650S not the new 1650.  That one is there specifically to compete with AMD.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

While I think the amount of SKU's Nvidia has released are a tad over the top, you don't take into consideration bulk buyers with a strict budget. If two cards are 20$ apart and you have to buy 200 cards for an office than the money difference could justify a purchase. Whether or not we think it is silly, Nvidia has made so many SKUs for a reason

On 4/6/2020 at 11:50 AM, 5x5 said:

I'm waiting for the LJ models. You know, Leather Jacket edition of all the cards. Comes with a leather case for the GPU box

i... want this.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:33 PM, ThePD said:

While I think the amount of SKU's Nvidia has released are a tad over the top, you don't take into consideration bulk buyers with a strict budget. If two cards are 20$ apart and you have to buy 200 cards for an office than the money difference could justify a purchase. Whether or not we think it is silly, Nvidia has made so many SKUs for a reason

And for the individual, if nvidia reduce the number of sku's the lower price point goes higher (like it used to be) because the next card up isn't there to hold it down.  So instead of having the 710 option at $40  and the 1030 at $100 you get the 710 at $70 and the next step up is a 1050 for $200+.  There is literally no option that for $20 more you can have X.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.