My CPU or motherboard might be broken?

I have recently run into some problems with my PC, to simplify my problem I will make a bullet-point list in order of events from oldest to newest.

1. PC crashes while playing RUST, screen is off peripherals and PC is still on, Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work (the first crash was about 5 months ago)
  2. After turning the PC back on I thought it was just a one time thing (had to turn PSU off and back on)
  3. Crashes keep coming, hexacode on mother board shows 00, CPU light is on on debug LED
  4. Bought new CPU, PC doesn't post anymore
  5. Put old CPU back in
  6. Replaced motherboard, no more crashes for about 3 days
  7. Now, the crashes have returned after playing RUST again (today)

Is it possible for RUST to destroy my CPU/motherboard? What should my next step be? I am completely lost and after hundreds of hours of googling and talking to other techy friends I still haven't found a solution. Is there anyone here that can help?

Before all this started I had the MSI Titanium X370 mobo, and a AMD ryzen 7 2600x, now I have an MSI B450 Mortar titanium. The replacement CPU I ordered was a AMD Ryzen 5 3600, I know that it needs a BOIS update, but even after using the flash option it didn't post.

8 minutes ago, WikeMazomski said:

I have recently run into some problems with my PC, to simplify my problem I will make a bullet-point list in order of events from oldest to newest.

1. PC crashes while playing RUST, screen is off peripherals and PC is still on, Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work (the first crash was about 5 months ago)
  2. After turning the PC back on I thought it was just a one time thing (had to turn PSU off and back on)
  3. Crashes keep coming, hexacode on mother board shows 00, CPU light is on on debug LED
  4. Bought new CPU, PC doesn't post anymore
  5. Put old CPU back in
  6. Replaced motherboard, no more crashes for about 3 days
  7. Now, the crashes have returned after playing RUST again (today)

Is it possible for RUST to destroy my CPU/motherboard? What should my next step be? I am completely lost and after hundreds of hours of googling and talking to other techy friends I still haven't found a solution. Is there anyone here that can help?

Before all this started I had the MSI Titanium X370 mobo, and a AMD ryzen 7 2600x, now I have an MSI B450 Mortar titanium. The replacement CPU I ordered was a AMD Ryzen 5 3600, I know that it needs a BOIS update, but even after using the flash option it didn't post.

whats your psu model ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

ram in slots 2 and 4? xmp enabled?

They are in slots 2 and 4, not sure what xmp is

13 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

whats your psu model ?

Coolermaster 750w gold

1 minute ago, WikeMazomski said:

They are in slots 2 and 4, not sure what xmp is

ram overclocking

10 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

ram overclocking

I think so!

So when your pc crashes midgame I supect something else, have you tried changing out the graphics card? If the CPU were to overheat it but you can check for those temps easily. A motherboard should not cause issues just because you are playing games on it's own. So from your post I gather you have replaced only the CPU and the motherboard, right? Check with another GPU, also check your RAM, and before doing anything make sure your bios is running in default mode, no overclocks or boosts except amds cpu boost. Best would be to clear cmos. Different CPUs have or need different settings in the bios, whenever swapping something, even ram, you should always clear cmos just to be safe.

Will it always crash at the same point in the game or ist totally random.

Can you list the temperatures your CPU, Motherboard and GPU are running at while gaming?

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

So when your pc crashes midgame I supect something else, have you tried changing out the graphics card? If the CPU were to overheat it but you can check for those temps easily. A motherboard should not cause issues just because you are playing games on it's own. So from your post I gather you have replaced only the CPU and the motherboard, right? Check with another GPU, also check your RAM, and before doing anything make sure your bios is running in default mode, no overclocks or boosts except amds cpu boost. Best would be to clear cmos. Different CPUs have or need different settings in the bios, whenever swapping something, even ram, you should always clear cmos just to be safe.

Will it always crash at the same point in the game or ist totally random.

Can you list the temperatures your CPU, Motherboard and GPU are running at while gaming?

Well it all started with the game, but now the PC crashes about 20 minutes after post, no matter what I try

22 minutes ago, gramzon said:

Faulty RAM maybe if you changed the motherboard and CPU

Since I have 2 8gb RAMs, is it possbile for both of the stick to be broken, because I have tried booting the PC trying both sticks on their own, so with only 8gigs. Problem still there.

Reset the BIOS by doing a clear cmos, check you motherboards manual for that, usually a small 2-Pin header somewhere on the lower right corner or between pci slots that need to be shorted with a metal pen or paperclip for a couple of seconds.

Crashing after about 20 minutes, well I would almost certainly rule out the CPU unless you did a stress test at the time. So logically it would have to be somthing that happens everytime at exactly that moment. So check your OS of course for applications that may run in the background, bad drivers and such. 

If you can, replace the graphics card, just so you have an output. So if for example something there was ony causing issues when getting hot or fully charged like a failing capacitor, it could cause a crash like that.

If you had done any overclocking, you may have accidentily changed or boosted the PCI-e host speed, as it is integrated into the CPU, this would cause issues, on some cards sooner than others but eventually it will (maybe not on an openloop with a large enough heatsink or with a Kingpin card but in general).

Another option would be bad or defective RAM. While it may boot up and be fine for a while, if one or more modules or chips on one of your DIMMs is bad, ist may cause a crash when trying to write into that register.

I have seen 2 sticks of RAM fail at the same time, that's why the computer I am writing on here has now 4 sticks from 2 different manufacturers (2 sticks died). 

I can't see if mention trying a clean OS install, have you tried this yet? it's a free option to test out, maybe something is corrupted on your install. But like Applefreak has also mentioned the issue could also be with the GPU

1 minute ago, gramzon said:

I can't see if mention trying a clean OS install, have you tried this yet? it's a free option to test out, maybe something is corrupted on your install. But like Applefreak has also mentioned the issue could also be with the GPU

Yes, I have reinstalled windows. I have also formatted the drives before so I can rule out malware