Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pato.llaguno

shadow of the tomb raider cpu 100% gpu 6%

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am plating with a i5-3570 and a 2060, at max settings i am getting 60 fps, v-sync on since without it i had lots of tearing.

my cpu is a little overclocked to like 4.12ghz,

I know most times my cpu will bottleneck my gpu, i plan to upgrade in the future, but running shadow of tomb raider i see the cpu going full load and gpu at 6% on task manager, but on fraps it is 100% cpu and 50%~ on GPU, is this normal?

Many games don't show GPU usage correctly in Task manager.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, pato.llaguno said:

Did not know that, thanks, so 100% and 50% sounds about right?

I mean, you're still getting only half the performance that the 2060 can deliver because of the slow CPU

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, 5x5 said:

I mean, you're still getting only half the performance that the 2060 can deliver because of the slow CPU

I know, i just bought the GPU/PSU and did it so i could upgrade my cpu/ram/MB next.

still getting good performance in games