No sound output device with GPU plugged in

Affnx

I'm using a Radeon RX 580 8GB from xfx and when I use my pc there is no audio output from my monitor but if I plug headphones in, they work how they should. I've attached screenshots of when headphones are unplugged and plugged.

If you have any tips or fixes I could try please message my discord @affnx#4381.

Thank you.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

15 minutes ago, Affnx said:

I'm using a Radeon RX 580 8GB from xfx and when I use my pc there is no audio output from my monitor but if I plug headphones in, they work how they should. I've attached screenshots of when headphones are unplugged and plugged.

So to be clear, your monitor has onboard speakers and you wish to use them? I believe your GPU has nothing to do with audio output, only video. Audio goes through the I/O ports on your motherboard.

Could it be that the onboard audio for your monitor is not working?

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

2 questions does your monitor have speakers? and are you using hdmi or display port?

16 minutes ago, Quackwich said:

So to be clear, your monitor has onboard speakers and you wish to use them? I believe your GPU has nothing to do with audio output, only video. Audio goes through the I/O ports on your motherboard.

thats not entirely true as audio can be sent by the gpu through HDMI or display port 

the monitors onboard audio is fine, I have a ryzen 3200G so when I was troubleshooting it I took the GPU out and audio would work

I am using HDMI and when I use integrated graphics, audio works fine

Can you post a screenshot of Device Manager with the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" tree expanded when the GPU is installed?

PC: Ryzen 5-3600 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus / 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 / MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x / Phanteks P400S / Gigabyte G34WQC 34" Curved Ultrawide

Laptop: Lenovo X230 / OS X 10.15 Hackintosh (OpenCore)

F@H ID: Paroxy777

Just now, Paroxy said:

Can you post a screenshot of Device Manager with the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" tree expanded when the GPU is installed?

there you go

Capture.PNG

Does your GPU have the latest drivers installed? Could we also know the make/model of your monitor?

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

If you want audio through HDMI to your monitor then you need to install or reinstall the drivers for the graphics card. Clearly HD audio does not appear to be installed.

Enter the link below to find the drivers for your graphics card and choose the operating system you are using (Windows 10 or whatever it may be), download the file to your hard drive and then run the installer.

When installer runs choose CUSTOM INSTALL or similar if it asks and when presented with a list of things to install make sure all audio related items are checked, other than that just install to default location, you should now have audio through HDMI after installation finished.