Minecraft Server

u can get a linux server and download the .jar file and downloading the neccesary packages and starting the server 

get atleast 1gb (for server that has 10 players of less)and dont give the java file all your ram because it might crash that way also if u want to add plugins remember that plugins use alot of ram

I used an app called TTServer Maker and it makes easy work of setting up a Minecraft server.

Cheers!

My Folding Stats

My BOINC Stats

VelosterN:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 32GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 6750 XT OC

Corsair Crystal Series 680x RGB - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB NVMe - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe - Samsung 860 Pro 256 GB 2.5" SSD X2

EVGA P2 80+ Platinum 850Watt PSU - BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Corsair K70 LUX - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Sennheiser HD599 - Blue Yeti Mic

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

BettyBoop:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 16GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 5500 XT - Fractal Design Core 500

Samsung 860 Pro 512GB Sata - EVGA 550GM 80+ Gold 550Watt SFX PSU - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

HTPC:

Intel i7 6700K - Asus Maximus Hero VIII - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 16GB - MSI RX480 Gaming-X 8GB - Cooler Master 932 HAF

Seagate 250GB HDD - EVGA G2 80+ Gold 650Watt PSU - Corsair H100i

Windows 10 Professional Version 21H2

Depending on what you want to do it's fairly simple. If you just want to make a server for you and your friends it's incredibly simple. There are many YouTube tutorials online that are easy to follow, but if you'd prefer to have one typed out here I'd be more than happy to do that.

As far as computer specs go, you don't need much to run a server if it's just vanilla and only a few friends (5 or less) are joining. If fact, even the Minecraft Wiki doesn't specify a minimum CPU spec for Windows servers. As long as it has a core it can run a small Minecraft server.

will a minecraft server run on a intel xeon e3 1220lv2

52 minutes ago, The fish said:

will a minecraft server run on a intel xeon e3 1220lv2

Make your own thread instead of posting in someone else's vaguely related thread.

You'll get a better response.